Savory Goat Cheese and Fig Tart

Joseez

Culinary Explorer
I'm always up for experimenting in the kitchen, and this past weekend I whipped up something so delicious I had to come share it with you. It's a savory tart with a creamy goat cheese filling studded with sweet figs, all nestled in a flaky homemade crust. To finish it off, there's a balsamic glaze drizzle that adds a touch of tangy sweetness.

I know what you're thinking – goat cheese and figs? But trust me, the combination is phenomenal! The creamy goat cheese balances the sweetness of the figs perfectly, and the balsamic glaze adds a wonderful depth of flavor. Plus, the homemade crust is so easy to make and comes out perfectly golden and flaky every time.

This tart is a great appetizer or light lunch, and it's also impressive enough to serve at a dinner party.

Savory Goat Cheese and Fig Tart.jpeg
Ingredients:

• For the Crust:
    • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
    • 3-4 tablespoons ice water
  • For the Filling:
    • 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
    • 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
    • 1 large egg
    • 1/4 cup honey
    • 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    • Freshly ground black pepper
    • 5-6 fresh figs, quartered
  • For the Balsamic Glaze:
    • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
    • Fresh thyme sprig (optional)

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 9-inch tart pan.
  2. Make the Crust: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Cut in the cold butter with a pastry cutter or your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Slowly stir in the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough just comes together. Be careful not to overmix!
  3. Form the dough into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
  4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 12-inch circle. Transfer the dough to the prepared tart pan and crimp the edges. Dock the bottom of the crust with a fork a few times.
  5. Pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
  6. Make the Filling: In a medium bowl, whisk together the goat cheese, ricotta cheese, egg, honey, thyme, and black pepper until smooth.
  7. Pour the filling into the pre-baked crust. Top with the quartered figs, pressing them gently into the filling.
  8. Bake the tart for 25-30 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
  9. Make the Balsamic Glaze: While the tart is baking, combine the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Add a sprig of fresh thyme for extra flavor, if desired. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the glaze thickens and reduces by half.
  10. Let the tart cool slightly before slicing. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and serve.
This savory tart is a delicious twist on the classic appetizer. The combination of flavors and textures is truly amazing, and it's sure to be a crowd-pleaser. So next time you're looking for something new to try, give this recipe a go!

Savory goat cheese and figs? I never would have thought to pair those together, but it sounds incredibly creative and delicious! 🤩 Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, I can't wait to experiment with these flavor combinations myself! 🤗

Savory goat cheese and figs? I never would have thought to pair those together, but it sounds incredibly creative and delicious! 🤩 Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, I can't wait to experiment with these flavor combinations myself! 🤗
I think this recipe is a stroke of genius! 🌟 Goat cheese and figs bring such a unique flavor profile to this tart. Can't wait to try it out and add it to my favorites!

Back