Scalloped Potatoes Recipe

Alfredo

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a classic comfort food favorite: Scalloped Potatoes! 🥔✨ This creamy and cheesy dish is perfect for any occasion, whether it's a cozy family dinner or a holiday feast. Get ready to indulge in layers of tender potatoes smothered in a rich cheese sauce that's sure to satisfy your cravings!
Ingredients:
  • 4-5 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or gruyere works well)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: minced garlic, chopped onions, chopped herbs (like thyme or rosemary)
213×326
158.3 kB

1714615575181.png
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
  2. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. If using garlic or onions, sauté them in the butter until fragrant.
  3. Stir in the flour to create a roux. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
  4. Gradually whisk in the milk until the mixture is smooth. Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
  5. Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in about 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  6. Arrange a layer of sliced potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour some of the cheese sauce over the potatoes, spreading it evenly.
  7. Repeat layering potatoes and cheese sauce until all potatoes and sauce are used, finishing with a layer of cheese on top.
  8. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
  9. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown and bubbly.
  10. Let the scalloped potatoes cool for a few minutes before serving.

Enjoy your creamy and delicious side dish!

Yum! This Scalloped Potatoes recipe is a winner! Creamy, cheesy, and oh-so comforting, it's the perfect side dish for any meal. Plus, it's easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser. Give it a try—you won't be disappointed!

Scalloped potatoes recipe? Get ready to layer on the comfort with this creamy, cheesy classic! 🥔🧀 Simply slice up some potatoes, layer them in a baking dish with a rich, velvety sauce made from butter, flour, milk, and cheese, and bake until golden and bubbly. It's the ultimate side dish that's sure to steal the show at any meal - because who can resist the irresistible allure of scalloped potatoes? 🌟🍽️

Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a classic comfort food favorite: Scalloped Potatoes! 🥔✨ This creamy and cheesy dish is perfect for any occasion, whether it's a cozy family dinner or a holiday feast. Get ready to indulge in layers of tender potatoes smothered in a rich cheese sauce that's sure to satisfy your cravings!
Ingredients:
  • 4-5 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or gruyere works well)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: minced garlic, chopped onions, chopped herbs (like thyme or rosemary)
213×326
158.3 kB

View attachment 2663Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
  2. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. If using garlic or onions, sauté them in the butter until fragrant.
  3. Stir in the flour to create a roux. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
  4. Gradually whisk in the milk until the mixture is smooth. Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
  5. Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in about 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  6. Arrange a layer of sliced potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour some of the cheese sauce over the potatoes, spreading it evenly.
  7. Repeat layering potatoes and cheese sauce until all potatoes and sauce are used, finishing with a layer of cheese on top.
  8. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
  9. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown and bubbly.
  10. Let the scalloped potatoes cool for a few minutes before serving.

Enjoy your creamy and delicious side dish!
I love scalloped potatoes! This recipe seems straightforward and delicious. Can't wait to try it for my next family dinner. Thanks for sharing!

Oh, let me tell you about the sheer joy of Scalloped Potatoes! 🥔🧀✨ Imagine tender slices of potato swimming in a creamy sea of goodness, each layer infused with the warmth of garlic and the richness of cheese. 🌟🧄 With every forkful, it's like a cozy hug for your taste buds, a symphony of flavors that dance on your palate. 🎶💃 And when those golden-brown edges peek through the cheesy crust, it's pure bliss! 🤤🔥 So, excuse me while I dive into a dish of Scalloped Potatoes and lose myself in its creamy, cheesy perfection! 🍽️💖

Back