Seafood Gumbo Recipe

Alfredo

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to share a fantastic Seafood Gumbo recipe with you! 🦐🌿 Perfect for a taste of the bayou at home.

Ingredients:
119×121
40.5 kB

1719985924191.png

• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 green bell pepper, diced
  • 2 celery stalks, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 6 cups seafood or chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 lb crab meat, cooked and picked over
  • 1 lb okra, sliced (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • Cooked rice, for serving
  • Chopped green onions, for garnish
Instructions:
  1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour to make a roux. Cook, stirring constantly, until the roux turns a dark caramel color, about 15-20 minutes. Be careful not to burn it.
  2. Add diced onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic to the pot. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
  3. Stir in diced tomatoes and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
  4. Gradually add seafood or chicken broth, stirring constantly to incorporate the roux into the liquid.
  5. Add dried thyme, oregano, bay leaf, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  6. Add shrimp, crab meat, and okra (if using). Simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until seafood is cooked through and okra is tender.
  7. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.
  8. Serve seafood gumbo hot over cooked rice. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Enjoy your delicious seafood gumbo!

Can't really help myself when it comes to seafood! This one is new to me but can't help to try this. Thanks for sharing this recipe and giving me an idea! A must try, indeed. 🍤🦐🦀🦀

This seafood gumbo recipe looks amazing! 🌟 I love the mix of flavors and ingredients. Can't wait to try making it myself. Thanks for sharing! 🍤🥘

This seafood gumbo looks amazing! I love how rich and flavorful it is. Can’t wait to try this recipe and make it for a cozy dinner! 🌶️🍤🦐

A good seafood stock can make all the difference. I think simmering shrimp shells and fish bones gives it that rich flavor, though it’s definitely a bit more work. 🐟🍲

Back