Should jerk chicken be a bit dry, or am I just cooking it wrong?

ade11e

Novice Foodie
Hey BBQ masters! 🍖 I've been trying my hand at jerk chicken, but it always ends up a tad dry. Is that just the nature of the beast, or am I missing a trick in the cooking process? 🤷‍♂️ I'm aiming for juicy and flavorful. Any advice would be super appreciated! Thanks! 🌶️

Hey BBQ masters! 🍖 I've been trying my hand at jerk chicken, but it always ends up a tad dry. Is that just the nature of the beast, or am I missing a trick in the cooking process? 🤷‍♂️ I'm aiming for juicy and flavorful. Any advice would be super appreciated! Thanks! 🌶️
Though it's tempting to crank up the heat, low and slow cooking is often the way to go with jerk chicken. 🔥🐔 This allows the flavors to develop without drying out the meat.

Hey there! To keep your jerk chicken juicy, try marinating longer (like overnight) for max flavor. Also, make sure not to overcook—use a meat thermometer to hit 165°F internal temp. Keep at it, you'll nail it! 🍗🔥

Back