Should pot roast be fully submerged in liquid in the Instant Pot?

ChocoJay

Culinary Explorer
🍲 I've seen conflicting advice—some recipes say yes, while others say it's not necessary. What's your take on this? Let's discuss the best way to achieve a juicy and flavorful pot roast! 🤗

🍲 I've seen conflicting advice—some recipes say yes, while others say it's not necessary. What's your take on this? Let's discuss the best way to achieve a juicy and flavorful pot roast! 🤗
Yes, keeping the pot roast fully submerged ensures it cooks evenly and stays tender in the Instant Pot!

I don’t think it needs to be fully submerged. I usually just add enough liquid to come halfway up the roast. It turns out great though! 🍲

Great question! 🤔 For a juicy pot roast in the Instant Pot, it doesn't need to be completely submerged... just make sure there's enough liquid to build pressure and get those flavors cooking! 💦 Thanks for bringing this up—awesome discussion!

Hey! 🍖 For pot roast in the Instant Pot, it doesn’t need to be fully submerged. Just make sure there’s enough liquid to create steam—about 1 to 1.5 cups should do the trick! This way, you'll get that tender, juicy meat without it being too soggy. Happy cooking! 🍽️

Back