Shrimp Étouffée

otterlyslick

Culinary Explorer
20230822-SEA-shrimp-etouffee-hero-03-Qi-Ai-e677431a70224cb98ea89f112f60f5ab.jpg

I recently tried this Shrimp Étouffée recipe, and it was a hit at dinner! The rich flavors and the perfect blend of spices make it a comforting and satisfying meal. Here’s how you can make it too:

Ingredients:​

• 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cooked white rice
  • Chopped green onions for garnish

Instructions:​

1. Make the Roux: In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir constantly until it turns a light brown color, about 10 minutes.
  2. Cook the Veggies: Add the onion, bell pepper, and celery to the roux. Cook until they soften, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
  3. Add Liquids and Spices: Pour in the chicken broth and diced tomatoes. Add the Cajun seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir well and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
  4. Cook the Shrimp: Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until they turn pink and opaque, about 5 minutes.
  5. Serve: Spoon the étouffée over a bed of cooked white rice. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Enjoy this Shrimp Étouffée with your loved ones. It's packed with flavor and perfect for a cozy dinner. Can't wait to hear how it turns out for you! 🍤✨

Yes, please! 🍤🌶️ This looks like such a rich, flavorful dish. I’m excited to dive into this and see if I can make it as amazing as it sounds—fingers crossed I don’t end up with a spicy kitchen disaster 😂

Back