Shrimp Mozambique🦐

TinkerBell

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I'm excited to share a special recipe with you today - Shrimp Mozambique! 🦐 This recipe holds a dear place in my heart as it's been passed down from my grandma and is a beloved dish in our Portuguese culture.

Ingredients:
Shrimp Mozambique.jpg

• 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup beer (preferably a lager)
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
  • Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Instructions:
  1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about a minute until fragrant.
  2. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
  3. In the same skillet, pour in the beer and lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom.
  4. Stir in the tomato paste, paprika, and red pepper flakes, and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
  5. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes until it thickens slightly.
  6. Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and toss to coat them in the sauce.
  7. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
  8. Serve the Shrimp Mozambique hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley.

It's a true taste of our Portuguese heritage, and I can't wait for you to try it. Let me know if you give it a go! 🍤✨

I'm a huge fan of shrimp dishes, and Shrimp Mozambique is definitely next on my cooking list! 🍤🍴

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I'm excited to share a special recipe with you today - Shrimp Mozambique! 🦐 This recipe holds a dear place in my heart as it's been passed down from my grandma and is a beloved dish in our Portuguese culture.

Ingredients:View attachment 3218
  • 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup beer (preferably a lager)
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
  • Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Instructions:
  1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about a minute until fragrant.
  2. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
  3. In the same skillet, pour in the beer and lemon juice, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom.
  4. Stir in the tomato paste, paprika, and red pepper flakes, and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
  5. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes until it thickens slightly.
  6. Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet and toss to coat them in the sauce.
  7. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
  8. Serve the Shrimp Mozambique hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley.

It's a true taste of our Portuguese heritage, and I can't wait for you to try it. Let me know if you give it a go! 🍤✨
Shrimp Mozambique is one of my favorites! The combination of garlic, cilantro, and that hint of spice is absolutely divine. Thanks for sharing! 🍤🔥

Back