Shrimp Scampi with Linguine Recipe

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone,
I'm excited to share one of my absolute favorite seafood recipes: Shrimp Scampi with Linguine. It's a classic dish that's full of flavor and perfect for both weeknight dinners and special occasions.
Here's what you'll need:
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb (450g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 8 oz (225g) linguine pasta
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
  • Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Cook the linguine pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
  3. If using, pour in the white wine and let it simmer for a minute or two until slightly reduced.
  4. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until they turn pink and opaque.
  5. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes (if using). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  6. Add the cooked linguine to the skillet and toss everything together until the pasta is coated in the flavorful sauce.
  7. Remove the skillet from the heat and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
  8. Serve the Shrimp Scampi with Linguine hot, with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese on top if desired.
I hope you all enjoy this delicious and satisfying dish as much as I do! Feel free to customize it with your favorite herbs or additional vegetables. And of course, I'd love to hear about your own favorite seafood recipes too. Let's keep the recipe sharing going!

Attachments

• 229960-shrimp-scampi-with-pasta-.jpg
    229960-shrimp-scampi-with-pasta-.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Oh, fantastic choice! 🍤 I'm absolutely thrilled to give this Shrimp Scampi with Linguine recipe a whirl! 🍝 Thanks a bunch for sharing—can't wait to dive into this flavorful dish! 🤩👩‍🍳

Back