Shrimp Tempura Recipe

Peachy

Culinary Explorer
I recently tried making shrimp tempura at home and it turned out to be crunchy and flavorful! I couldn't wait to share this recipe with all of you, so you can enjoy the crispy goodness too!

Ingredients:
  • 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup ice-cold water
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • Pinch of salt
  • Vegetable oil for frying
  • Optional: tempura dipping sauce, grated daikon radish, grated ginger, and soy sauce for serving
tempura.jpg
Instructions:

1. Pat the peeled and deveined shrimp dry with paper towels. Make a few shallow cuts along the belly side of each shrimp to prevent them from curling when fried.
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, ice-cold water, egg, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Mix until just combined; it's okay if the batter is slightly lumpy.
  3. Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 350°F (180°C).
  4. Dip each shrimp into the tempura batter, coating it evenly. Allow any excess batter to drip off.
  5. Carefully place the battered shrimp into the hot oil, one at a time, ensuring they don't stick together. Fry in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding the fryer.
  6. Fry the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
  7. Use a slotted spoon to remove the shrimp from the oil and transfer them to a wire rack or paper towels to drain excess oil.
  8. Serve the shrimp tempura hot with tempura dipping sauce, grated daikon radish, grated ginger, and soy sauce on the side for dipping.
I hope you all enjoy making this homemade shrimp tempura recipe as much as I do! It's a delicious dish to impress your friends and family and the crunchy texture paired with the shrimp is simply irresistible🍤🔥✨

Back