Shrimp Tempura

ChocoJay

Culinary Explorer
Introducing our mouthwatering shrimp tempura recipe! Crispy, golden-brown shrimp, delicately coated in a light and airy batter. With just a few simple steps, you'll be savoring this Japanese favorite in the comfort of your own home. Let's get frying and enjoy the irresistible crunch of homemade shrimp tempura! 🍤✨

Ingredients
344×258
179.2 kB

1712380513986.png

• 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup ice-cold water
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
  • Optional: Tempura dipping sauce, grated daikon radish, and grated ginger for serving

Instructions:
  1. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. Make a few shallow cuts along the belly of each shrimp to prevent them from curling up during frying. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
  3. Gradually pour in the ice-cold water while stirring the mixture gently. Be careful not to overmix; it's okay if there are lumps in the batter.
  4. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 350°F (180°C).
  5. Dip each shrimp into the batter, making sure it's well coated.
  6. Carefully place the battered shrimp into the hot oil, a few at a time, depending on the size of your fryer or pot. Fry for about 2-3 minutes, or until the tempura is golden brown and crispy.
  7. Remove the shrimp from the oil with a slotted spoon and transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
  8. Repeat the process with the remaining shrimp, working in batches.
  9. Serve the shrimp tempura immediately with tempura dipping sauce, grated daikon radish, and grated ginger on the side, if desired.
Enjoy your homemade shrimp tempura as a delicious appetizer or as part of a Japanese-inspired meal!

Introducing our mouthwatering shrimp tempura recipe! Crispy, golden-brown shrimp, delicately coated in a light and airy batter. With just a few simple steps, you'll be savoring this Japanese favorite in the comfort of your own home. Let's get frying and enjoy the irresistible crunch of homemade shrimp tempura! 🍤✨

Ingredients
344×258
179.2 kB

View attachment 1453
  • 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup ice-cold water
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
  • Optional: Tempura dipping sauce, grated daikon radish, and grated ginger for serving

Instructions:
  1. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels. Make a few shallow cuts along the belly of each shrimp to prevent them from curling up during frying. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
  3. Gradually pour in the ice-cold water while stirring the mixture gently. Be careful not to overmix; it's okay if there are lumps in the batter.
  4. Heat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 350°F (180°C).
  5. Dip each shrimp into the batter, making sure it's well coated.
  6. Carefully place the battered shrimp into the hot oil, a few at a time, depending on the size of your fryer or pot. Fry for about 2-3 minutes, or until the tempura is golden brown and crispy.
  7. Remove the shrimp from the oil with a slotted spoon and transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
  8. Repeat the process with the remaining shrimp, working in batches.
  9. Serve the shrimp tempura immediately with tempura dipping sauce, grated daikon radish, and grated ginger on the side, if desired.
Enjoy your homemade shrimp tempura as a delicious appetizer or as part of a Japanese-inspired meal!
Thanks for sharing the Shrimp Tempura recipe! It sounds like a delightful and crispy treat, perfect for satisfying cravings for Japanese cuisine. Can't wait to fry up some shrimp in a light and airy batter for a deliciously crunchy dish. 🍤🔥🍴

Couldn't agree more with @Kardel 👏 Love that it only takes a few steps to make this restaurant-quality dish at home :love: I can't wait to try making my own tempura at home tooo! Thanks for your recipe

Making restaurant-quality dishes at home is always a win, especially when it's as simple as this one. And homemade tempura sounds like a delicious adventure waiting to happen! 🍤 Thanks for sharing your excitement and for the mouthwatering recipe! 🙌

Store-bought tempura are kinda expensive, I might try to just make my own using this recipe instead :D thanks for sharing!

I know this recipe is common but I still don't know how to do it :( Thanks for sharing this recipe, at last I can cook it on my own! 🍤🦐

Back