🥢 Sichuan Spicy Egg Tofu

てって

Novice Foodie
Sichuan Spicy Egg Tofu.jpg
After a wild trip to the Asian market, I got inspired to recreate Spicy Egg Tofu from a cozy Sichuan restaurant.
🌶️ After much trial and error, I've nailed the recipe! 😋

Ingredients:​
  • egg tofu​
  • 3 tbsp potato starch​
  • 10g Sichuan peppercorn oil​
  • 20g minced ginger​
  • 1 tsp spicy fermented bean paste​
  • A dash of soy sauce​
  • 20g sugar​
  • 50g water​
  • 20g minced cilantro​
  • 20g minced fresh chili peppers​
Directions:​
  1. Cut the egg tofu into small square pieces.​
  2. Lightly coat the tofu with the starch, deep-fry in oil heated at 170 degrees Celsius until golden and crisp, and set aside.​
  3. In a separate pan, heat Sichuan peppercorn oil, add the ginger, and sauté until fragrant.​
  4. Stir in the bean paste, sugar, soy sauce, and water. Bring to a simmer.​
  5. Add the fried tofu, simmer on medium heat until the sauce thickens, stir in the cilantro and chili peppers, and serve.​
Get ready to spice up your kitchen with this homemade Sichuan Spicy Egg Tofu! It's 🔥 and full of flavor!

Sounds amazing! This recipe looks a lot easier than the others. Definitely going to try it this weekend - thanks for sharing! Also, how spicy was the Sichuan peppercorn oil? I might need to adjust based on my spice tolerance 😉👍👌✨

530×298
40.6 kB

View attachment 3841After a wild trip to the Asian market, I got inspired to recreate Spicy Egg Tofu from a cozy Sichuan restaurant. 🌶️ After much trial and error, I've nailed the recipe! 😋

Ingredients:​
  • egg tofu​
  • 3 tbsp potato starch​
  • 10g Sichuan peppercorn oil​
  • 20g minced ginger​
  • 1 tsp spicy fermented bean paste​
  • A dash of soy sauce​
  • 20g sugar​
  • 50g water​
  • 20g minced cilantro​
  • 20g minced fresh chili peppers​
Directions:​
  1. Cut the egg tofu into small square pieces.​
  2. Lightly coat the tofu with the starch, deep-fry in oil heated at 170 degrees Celsius until golden and crisp, and set aside.​
  3. In a separate pan, heat Sichuan peppercorn oil, add the ginger, and sauté until fragrant.​
  4. Stir in the bean paste, sugar, soy sauce, and water. Bring to a simmer.​
  5. Add the fried tofu, simmer on medium heat until the sauce thickens, stir in the cilantro and chili peppers, and serve.​
Get ready to spice up your kitchen with this homemade Sichuan Spicy Egg Tofu! It's 🔥 and full of flavor!
Tried the food last night, and dang, it was like a flavor explosion in my mouth. 🔥 Definitely worth a shot if you're into bold tastes. 🌶️

Back