Singaporean Hainanese Chicken Rice Recipe

strawberrykiss0325

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys! Ready to take your taste buds on a trip to Singapore? I've got the perfect recipe for you: Hainanese Chicken Rice! 🍚🍗 It's a classic Singaporean dish that's loved for its fragrant rice, tender chicken, and flavorful dipping sauce. I love cooking this recipe as it is very simple yet very delicious! Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
Singaporean Hainanese Chicken Rice Recipe.png

Ingredients:

For the chicken:

• 1 whole chicken (about 3-4 lbs)
  • 4 slices ginger
  • 4 cloves garlic, smashed
  • 4 stalks green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
  • Salt, to taste
For the rice:

• 2 cups jasmine rice
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 slices ginger
  • 2 pandan leaves (optional)
  • Salt, to taste
For the dipping sauce:

• 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
For garnish:

• Fresh cilantro leaves
  • Sliced cucumber
  • Sliced tomato
Instructions:

1. Rinse the chicken inside and out and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the chicken with salt inside and out.
  2. Stuff the cavity of the chicken with ginger slices, smashed garlic, and green onions.
  3. In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Submerge the whole chicken, breast-side down, in the boiling water. Lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pot. Cook for about 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
  4. While the chicken is cooking, rinse the jasmine rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Drain well.
  5. In a rice cooker or pot, heat a bit of oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and ginger slices and sauté until fragrant.
  6. Add the drained rice to the pot and stir to coat the rice with the garlic and ginger.
  7. Add chicken broth, pandan leaves (if using), and salt to the rice. Cook according to the rice cooker's instructions or until the rice is cooked through.
  8. In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, lime juice, chopped ginger, chopped garlic, and chopped green onion to make the dipping sauce.
  9. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pot and plunge it into a bowl of ice water for a few minutes to stop the cooking process and give it a nice firm texture.
  10. Remove the chicken from the ice water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut the chicken into serving pieces.
  11. Serve the chicken with the fragrant rice, dipping sauce, and garnishes of fresh cilantro leaves, sliced cucumber, and sliced tomato.

This recipe seems so flavorful and authentic! I can already imagine the aroma of the ginger-infused chicken and fragrant rice. Adding it to my cooking list for the week! :)

Oh my goodness, this Hainanese Chicken Rice recipe from Singapore is like a flavor explosion waiting to happen! The fragrant rice, tender chicken, and amazing dipping sauce are just calling my name. And those pandan leaves in the rice? Genius! I'm so ready to whip up a storm in the kitchen and transport myself to Singapore with every delicious bite! 🍚🍗

Whoa, talk about a flavor adventure! 🌶️🍚 This Singaporean Hainanese chicken rice recipe sounds absolutely amazing! I can't wait to give it a try and transport my taste buds to Singapore. Thanks for sharing this culinary gem!

Back