Slow Butter Braised Asparagus

JulieBaker

Culinary Explorer
I'm in my kitchen, feeling a bit unsure of what to do with this bunch of asparagus staring back at me :LOL: . But then, a stroke of genius hits - why not give them the slow butter braise treatment? It's simple, it's classy, and it's sure to impress. So, here's my little secret recipe I just had to share with you all!
slow butter asparagus.jpg

Ingredients:
  • A bunch of asparagus, hard part of stalks cut off
  • 1 teaspoon of minced shallots and/or garlic
  • 2-4 tablespoons of butter (depends on how much asparagus you have)
  • Sea salt
  • Squeeze of lemon
  • Shaved parmesan
Instructions:
  1. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add butter. Once the butter is hot, toss in the minced shallots/garlic and turn the heat to low. Let them fry until they're wonderfully fragrant.
  2. Now, gently add in your trimmed asparagus and cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid. Pro-tip: If your lid isn't snug, try using a thin dishtowel to create a better seal. Steam is our friend here!
  3. Let your asparagus bask in the buttery goodness on low heat for about 10-12 minutes. Depending on your preference, you can adjust the cooking time for softer or crisper spears. Peek in at the 8-minute mark - a butter knife test usually does the trick.
  4. If things are looking a tad dry, don't hesitate to add a bit more butter or a splash of water to the pan.
  5. Once your asparagus is perfectly tender, plate them up, pour that luscious butter/shallot/garlic mixture over the top, sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt, a splash of lemon juice, and finish with a generous sprinkle of shaved parmesan.

And there you have it, Slow Butter Braised Asparagus - because sometimes, good things are worth the wait. Thank you guys :), bye for now hehe :)

Slow butter-braised asparagus? Because why rush when you can let those tender spears luxuriate in a bath of golden goodness? 🌱💫 Get ready to savor the melt-in-your-mouth perfection of perfectly cooked asparagus, infused with the rich flavor of butter, and elevated to culinary greatness. Who knew veggies could be so indulgent?

Slow butter-braised asparagus? Because why rush when you can let those tender spears luxuriate in a bath of golden goodness? 🌱💫 Get ready to savor the melt-in-your-mouth perfection of perfectly cooked asparagus, infused with the rich flavor of butter, and elevated to culinary greatness. Who knew veggies could be so indulgent?
I couldn't agree more! Slow cooking really does wonders for bringing out the best flavors :)

Wow, this Slow Butter Braised Asparagus recipe sounds amazing! 🌱 Definitely giving it a try for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing!

Back