Smoked Salmon Sushi Recipe 🍣

Marich

Tasty Apprentice
Good day, everyone. I'm thrilled to introduce you to my mom's delightful brunch specialty; It might be a smoked salmon sushi. This recipe more than any other conveys what a phenomenal cook and artist she is, without the utilization of any complex gadgets hardware, or expensive courses. Well, obviously, when it comes to sushi many might believe it is a technician of some sort of difficult equipment, but my mom's sushi version will completely contradict that idea. She has stripped it down to its core ingredients so that you also can be a part of the fun and easily make it at home for your next brunch or when having friends and family over. Let me share with you the recipe for Mom's Homemade Smoked Salmon Sushi, which I will be preparing step by step. Moreover, beside its being extremely yummy its simplicity of making is surprisingly much easier. 🤤🍣

smoked-salmon-sushi-10501-1.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 3/4 cups (350g) sushi rice
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon caster sugar
  • 3 teaspoons mayonnaise
  • 200g sliced smoked salmon
  • 50g salmon roe
  • 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
  • Wasabi and soy sauce, for serving
Instructions:

1. Cook the sushi rice: Bring water to a boil, add rice, and simmer covered for 15 minutes. Fluff rice with vinegar, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
  2. Press rice into a non-stick baking tray or lined tray, then refrigerate until cool.
  3. Layer rice with mayonnaise and smoked salmon. Top with another layer of rice and press down gently.
  4. Cut into squares or use a pastry cutter to make rounds.
  5. Garnish with salmon roe and black sesame seeds.
  6. Serve with wasabi and soy sauce.

Happy cooking everyone, manz hope you like it.

Last edited:
This Smoked Salmon Sushi recipe is like a warm hug from your grandma, but in food form. It's so easy to make, even I didn't burn down the kitchen. The addition of salmon roe and black sesame seeds makes it fancy AF. Let's dig in! 🍣✨

Smoked salmon sushi, yum! 🍣 Have you tried making it at home before? I've been meaning to give it a shot myself, but I'm a bit intimidated by the rolling technique. Any tips or tricks to share?

This Smoked Salmon Sushi recipe is like a warm hug from your grandma, but in food form. It's so easy to make, even I didn't burn down the kitchen. The addition of salmon roe and black sesame seeds makes it fancy AF. Let's dig in! 🍣✨
Merci, I'm glad you like it! :love:

Smoked salmon sushi, yum! 🍣 Have you tried making it at home before? I've been meaning to give it a shot myself, but I'm a bit intimidated by the rolling technique. Any tips or tricks to share?
Hey, @muffinpony ! Smoked salmon sushi, ah yes! But rolling sushi is not a breeze: the more times you do it, the better. YouTube tutorials are my real presence for home learning my rolling techniques. Give it a try—you are gonna be good! 😊😉

Oh, smoked salmon sushi! 🍣 That sounds absolutely delightful! I can't wait to savor every bite of that delicious combination of smoky, savory, and fresh flavors!

Back