Soft Sugar Cookies Recipe

Oniokitty

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I thought I’d share a recipe that’s been a hit in my household – soft sugar cookies! These are perfect if you’re in the mood for something sweet, and they turn out soft and chewy every time. Super easy too! Here’s the recipe:

Ingredients:

• 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp baking powder
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 ½ cups white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • ½ tsp almond extract (optional but it adds a nice flavor)
  • 3 tbsp milk
  • Extra sugar for rolling the dough (optional)
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
  3. In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
  4. Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract (if using).
  5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with milk, until everything is combined.
  6. Roll dough into small balls (about 1.5 inches), then roll them in sugar if you want that extra crunch.
  7. Place them on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart and slightly flatten each ball.
  8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Don’t overbake – you want them soft!
  9. Let them cool on the sheet for a minute or two before transferring to a wire rack.
    Soft Sugar Cookies Recipe.jpg
Enjoy! You can frost them if you like, but they’re so good just as they are. 😊

What are your favorite cookie add-ins or variations?

Hey! 😋 These sugar cookies sound amazing! Soft and chewy is the way to go. 🍪✨ Can’t wait to try them out! Thanks for sharing! 😊

These sound delicious! 😋 For add-ins, I love throwing in some chocolate chips or sprinkles for extra fun. Thanks for sharing the recipe – I’m definitely trying this out! 👏🎉

These Soft Sugar Cookies look like pure bliss! ✨ The texture seems so perfect and fluffy. Can’t wait to try them out—thanks for sharing the recipe! 😍

Back