Sourdough Sandwich Bread Recipe

doebadie

Novice Foodie
sourdough-sandwich-bread-18-1536x1024.jpg

I recently tried making sourdough sandwich bread at home, and it was a game-changer! 🍞 The tangy flavor of the sourdough combined with the soft, airy texture made every bite a delight. If you're a fan of sourdough and love a good sandwich, you've got to give this recipe a try. Here's how to make it:

Sourdough Sandwich Bread Recipe​

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup active sourdough starter
  • 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons honey or sugar
  • 4 cups bread flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt

Instructions:​

1. Mix the Dough:
    • In a large mixing bowl, combine the active sourdough starter, lukewarm water, olive oil, and honey or sugar.
    • Gradually add the bread flour and salt, stirring until a dough forms.
  2. Knead the Dough:
    • Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it for about 10 minutes, or until it's smooth and elastic.
  3. First Rise:
    • Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap, and let it rise at room temperature for about 4-6 hours, or until doubled in size.
  4. Shape the Loaf:
    • Punch down the risen dough and shape it into a loaf.
    • Place the loaf in a greased loaf pan and cover it with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap.
  5. Second Rise:
    • Let the dough rise for another 2-4 hours, or until it's puffy and fills the loaf pan.
  6. Bake the Bread:
    • Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
    • Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes, or until it's golden brown on top and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
  7. Cool and Slice:
    • Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
    • Transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.

Conclusion:​

After trying this sourdough sandwich bread recipe, I'm hooked! 🥪

Oh, homemade sourdough sandwich bread? That's going to elevate my sandwich game for sure—can't wait to bake a loaf!

Back