Spaghetti Aglio e Olio

Kath

Novice Foodie
I have been craving pasta dishes lately since it's almost time of the month again, and I know girlies out there can relate 😄! Earlier, I finally had the time to cook and I was thinking may be I should share my go to pasta recipe here as well 😉

Pic.jpg

Here are the ingredients you'll need:
8 oz dry spaghetti
¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
¼ cup red onion diced
4-6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2-3 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped, plus more for topping
¾ cup parmesan grated, plus more for topping
¼ cup reserved pasta water

To make classic spaghetti aglio e olio, simply…

Step 1: Cook the spaghetti in a generously-salted pot of boiling water until it is just one minute shy of being al dente.
Step 2: Meanwhile, about 3 minutes after you add the pasta to the boiling water, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the sliced garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly golden.
Step 3: Once the pasta is ready to go, use tongs to transfer the pasta immediately to the sauté pan, along with 1/2 cup of the hot starchy pasta water. Toss the pasta continuously until it is evenly coated in the garlic sauce. If the sauce looks a bit too dry, add in another 1/4 cup of the starchy pasta water.
Step 4: Give the pasta a quick taste add an extra pinch of salt and/or crushed red pepper flakes if needed.
Step 5: Serve immediately while it’s nice and hot, garnished with any toppings that sound good.

There are so many variations for this recipe actually so you can always try to add ingredients according to your liking! Enjoy your meal :)

I tried this recipe with a few modifications to suit my taste preferences, and it turned out great! I added some sliced cherry tomatoes for extra freshness. It was a delicious twist on a classic dish! :love:

Wow, thanks for sharing your spaghetti aglio e olio recipe! It looks absolutely mouthwatering. I'm definitely going to give it a try next time I'm craving pasta. I love how simple and quick it is to make. Plus, who can resist that garlic aroma filling the kitchen? Thanks again for the inspiration! 🍝😋

Hey, I get you! Cravings can hit hard, especially when that time of the month is approaching. Pasta dishes have this magical way of comforting us, right? I'm glad you had the chance to whip up your go-to recipe! Sharing it sounds like a fantastic idea. I'm ready to drool over it! 😄

Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is like a culinary love letter from Italy, showcasing the simplicity and elegance of traditional Italian cuisine! 🍝✨ Picture perfectly al dente spaghetti, tossed in a fragrant sauce of garlic-infused olive oil, red pepper flakes, and fresh parsley, creating a symphony of flavors that dance on your taste buds with each twirl of the fork. The beauty of this dish lies in its simplicity, allowing each ingredient to shine and come together in perfect harmony. Whether enjoyed as a quick and comforting weeknight meal or served as an elegant starter at a dinner party, Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is a timeless classic that never fails to delight! 🌟🍴😋

Ah, the simplicity of this dish is pure magic! Can't wait to twirl my fork into those garlicky strands! 🍝✨

Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is my go-to comfort food! 😋 Though, I wonder if you have a favorite brand of olive oil you use?

Back