Spaghetti Bolognese

Kenz

Culinary Explorer
Good food makes your soul happy! wanna try my Spaghetti Bolognese? so here's how you'll do it.
spaghetti bolognese.jpg
Ingredients:
  • 1 pound (450g) ground beef or ground turkey
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 carrot, finely chopped
  • 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
  • 1 can (14 oz/400g) crushed tomatoes
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup (240ml) beef or vegetable broth
  • 8 oz (225g) spaghetti
  • Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
  • Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Heat some olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
  2. Add the ground beef or turkey to the skillet, breaking it up with a spoon, and cook until browned and cooked through.
  3. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
  4. Pour in the beef or vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
  5. While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the spaghetti and set aside.
  6. Serve the spaghetti with the bolognese sauce on top. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
  7. Enjoy your delicious spaghetti bolognese!
Feel free to adjust the recipe to your taste preferences by adding other vegetables like bell peppers or mushrooms, or by using different herbs and spices.

Adding bell peppers and mushrooms will be a great idea for spaghetti bolognese! I can't wait to prepare this for my friends!

I appreciate how this recipe incorporates both dried and fresh herbs. Can't wait to give this recipe a try!🍝✨

Cooking the veggies with the meat must really enhance the flavor. I can't wait to try this recipe and maybe add some mushrooms for an extra twist. Thanks for sharing!

Back