Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice Recipe

TinkerBell

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I tried my hand at making Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice the other night, and it was an absolute hit! The combination of crispy rice and the spicy tuna topping was so addictive, I couldn’t stop eating them. I thought I’d share the recipe with you all so you can enjoy it too!

Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice Recipe.jpg
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup sushi rice
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 pound fresh tuna, finely diced
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon sriracha (adjust to your spice level)
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for frying)
  • Optional toppings: sliced avocado, sesame seeds, green onions, soy sauce for dipping
Instructions:
  1. Rinse the sushi rice under cold water until the water runs clear. Cook the rice with 1 1/4 cups water according to package instructions or in a rice cooker.
  2. In a small bowl, mix the rice vinegar, sugar, and salt until dissolved. Gently fold this mixture into the cooked rice, then let it cool slightly.
  3. Press the cooled rice into a flat layer, about 1/2 inch thick, on a lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
  4. Once firm, cut the rice into bite-sized squares or rectangles.
  5. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the rice squares on both sides until golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
  6. In a mixing bowl, combine diced tuna, mayonnaise, sriracha, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
  7. Spoon the spicy tuna mixture onto the crispy rice squares.
  8. Garnish with avocado, sesame seeds, or green onions if desired. Serve with soy sauce for dipping.

Seriously, this Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice has become a new favorite in my house—I might need to make a double batch next time! I’d love to hear how it turns out for you, so give it a try! 🍣🔥🍙

I've been wanting to try making spicy tuna crispy rice for a while now. The recipe seems pretty straightforward, even for a beginner like me. I'm definitely going to try this out this weekend. 😋😉👌

This Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice sounds amazing—totally adding it to my list to try! Thanks for sharing the recipe; it looks like it’ll be a hit at my place too! 🍣🔥

OMG, this Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice recipe looks 🔥! I can't wait to try it—love how you combined the crunch with that spicy kick!

Back