Steamed Scallops With Black Bean Garlic Sauce

Oniokitty

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodies! I just made these Steamed Scallops with Black Bean Garlic Sauce last night, and I have to share because they were that good. This dish is super simple but feels fancy, perfect for a weeknight dinner or even when you have guests over. It’s all about that savory, umami-packed sauce that complements the scallops so well.
Ingredients:
  • 12 fresh scallops, cleaned and with the shell (if you can find them!)
  • 2 tbsp fermented black beans, rinsed and roughly chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine (or dry sherry)
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 2 green onions, finely chopped
  • Fresh cilantro, for garnish
  • 1 small piece of ginger, julienned (optional, but adds a nice zing)
Instructions:
  1. Prep the scallops: If your scallops are in the shell, clean them and place each one back in its half shell. If not, you can place the scallops on a heatproof plate.
  2. Make the sauce: Heat the vegetable oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté until it’s golden and fragrant. Toss in the chopped black beans, stirring for about a minute.
  3. Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, Shaoxing wine, and sugar to the pan. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes to let all those flavors meld together.
  4. Steam the scallops: Set up your steamer. Place the scallops (in their shells or on the plate) in the steamer, spoon a bit of the black bean garlic sauce over each scallop, and steam for about 5-7 minutes, depending on the size of your scallops. They should be just cooked through and tender.
  5. Finishing touch: Drizzle the steamed scallops with a bit of sesame oil. Sprinkle with green onions, ginger, and cilantro for a fresh pop of flavor.
  6. Serve immediately and enjoy the deliciousness! These are perfect on their own or over a bed of steamed rice to soak up the sauce.

Can’t wait to hear what you all think! This one’s a keeper for sure. If you’ve got any tips or variations, I’m all ears! 🍴🦪
Steamed Scallops With Black Bean Garlic Sauce.jpg

That sounds absolutely amazing! 😍 I’ve always been a bit intimidated by scallops, but your recipe makes it seem so doable. The black bean garlic sauce must add such a rich flavor. Definitely trying this out soon, especially with the ginger for that extra zing! Thanks for sharing—I’m already craving it! 🦪🍴

This Steamed Scallops with Black Bean Garlic Sauce looks like a total flavor bomb! 😍🦪 The combo of scallops and that rich sauce is calling my name. Can’t wait to give it a try!

These are sooooo good!! I just made these last night, they came out amazingly soft and with just the right amount of spices. Never expected such a simple recipe to become my favorite cookie recipe.:love:(y)(y)

Back