Sticky Toffee Pudding Recipe

Alfredo

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a mouthwatering dessert that's sure to become a favorite: Sticky Toffee Pudding! ๐Ÿฐ This indulgent treat features moist, date-infused cake smothered in a rich toffee sauce. Get ready for a taste sensation that will have you coming back for more!

Ingredients:
150ร—228
70.8 kB

1717406307251.png

• 200g dates, chopped
  • 250ml boiling water
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 75g butter, softened
  • 150g brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 150g self-raising flour
For the toffee sauce:

• 100g butter
  • 200g brown sugar
  • 150ml double cream
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 180ยฐC (350ยฐF). Grease and line a baking dish.
  2. Place the chopped dates in a bowl, then pour the boiling water over them. Stir in the vanilla extract and baking soda, then set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl, cream together the softened butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
  4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then fold in the flour.
  5. Stir in the date mixture until well combined.
  6. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top.
  7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
  8. While the pudding is baking, make the toffee sauce. In a saucepan, melt the butter and sugar together over low heat.
  9. Once melted, stir in the double cream and simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened slightly.
  10. Serve the sticky toffee pudding warm, drizzled with the toffee sauce. Enjoy!

Donโ€™t forget to poke holes in the cake before pouring the sauce. I think it helps the sauce soak in better though! ๐Ÿ”ช๐Ÿฐ

Hey there! This Sticky Toffee Pudding sounds absolutely delicious! ๐Ÿฐ I love the idea of a moist, date-infused cake with rich toffee sauce. Can't wait to try it out! Thanks for sharing!

Back