Stuffed Ampalaya

Kurt

Culinary Explorer
A bit of bitter taste but full of goodness! Here's how Stuffed Ampalaya.jpg
Ingredients:

• 2 medium-sized ampalaya (bitter gourd)
  • 1/4 kg ground pork
  • 1 medium-sized onion, minced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 medium-sized tomato, diced
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup bread crumbs
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cooking oil for frying
Instructions:

1. Slice the ampalaya in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and white membranes. You can also remove some of the bitter taste by soaking them in salted water for about 15 minutes.
  2. In a pan, heat some oil over medium heat. Sauté the garlic, onion, and tomato until fragrant.
  3. Add the ground pork and cook until it's no longer pink.
  4. Season the pork mixture with salt and pepper according to your taste.
  5. Let the pork mixture cool down slightly, then mix in the egg and bread crumbs.
  6. Stuff each ampalaya half with the pork mixture.
  7. In the same pan, heat some more oil over medium heat. Fry the stuffed ampalaya until they are cooked through and the ampalaya is tender, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking.
  8. Once cooked, remove from the pan and drain excess oil on paper towels.
  9. Serve hot and enjoy!
Feel free to adjust the seasonings and ingredients according to your taste preferences. Enjoy your stuffed ampalaya!

This stuffed ampalaya recipe looks like a delightful twist on a classic dish! 😍 I love how it takes bitter gourd to a whole new level by filling it with flavorful ingredients like ground pork, tomatoes, and onions. Can't wait to give this a try and add a new favorite to my repertoire. Thanks for sharing your culinary creativity! 🥒🍳

Oh, this looks delicious! 😋😃 The filling looks flavorful and savory, even with the ampalaya's bitterness ..Great tip about soaking the ampalaya to reduce bitterness ..Gotta try this recipe at home!

Oh, this looks delicious! 😋😃 The filling looks flavorful and savory, even with the ampalaya's bitterness ..Great tip about soaking the ampalaya to reduce bitterness ..Gotta try this recipe at home!
I always make sure to remove the seeds and pith from the ampalaya to reduce its bitterness before stuffing it. It's a simple step that makes a big difference in the final dish. 🌱🔪

Back