Summer Panzanella

lomiloml

Culinary Explorer
SummerPanzanella_Square.jpg

I recently tried this Summer Panzanella, and it quickly became one of my favorite go-to dishes. It's light, refreshing, and bursting with the best flavors of the season. The combination of fresh veggies, toasted bread, and tangy dressing is just perfect for a warm day. Trust me, once you try it, you'll be hooked too! 🥗

Ingredients:​

• 4 cups of cubed crusty bread (like ciabatta)
  • 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 cucumber, sliced
  • 1 red onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:​

1. Toast the Bread: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Spread the cubed bread on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and toast for 10-15 minutes until golden and crisp.
  2. Prep the Veggies: While the bread is toasting, prepare your veggies. Slice the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and bell pepper, then toss them into a large bowl.
  3. Combine Everything: Once the bread is ready, add it to the bowl with the veggies. Drizzle the olive oil and red wine vinegar over the top, then season with salt and pepper.
  4. Toss and Serve: Gently toss everything together until well combined. Let the salad sit for about 10 minutes to allow the bread to soak up the flavors, then toss in the fresh basil just before serving.

Conclusion:​

This Summer Panzanella is the perfect dish for a sunny day. It's vibrant, full of fresh flavors, and so easy to make. Whether you’re serving it as a side or enjoying it as a light main course, it’s sure to be a hit. Give it a try—you won't be disappointed! 🌞

Back