Swedish-Inspired Swedish Meatballs Recipe

pato2ya

Novice Foodie
Hej, food enthusiasts! Embark on a culinary journey to Sweden with this Swedish-Inspired Swedish Meatballs recipe. This fusion dish features tender meatballs made with a mixture of ground beef and pork, seasoned with warm spices like nutmeg and allspice, and served with a creamy and savory gravy. Serve these flavorful meatballs over mashed potatoes or with lingonberry sauce for an authentic taste of Swedish cuisine right in your own kitchen. Let's dive in and elevate your dinner table with this delicious fusion creation!
Homemade-Swedish-Meatballs-Recipe-2-1200.jpg

Ingredients:
For the Meatballs:
  • 1/2 pound ground beef
  • 1/2 pound ground pork
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for frying
For the Gravy:
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Instructions:
  1. Prepare the Meatballs:
    • In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, breadcrumbs, milk, chopped onion, minced garlic, egg, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and allspice. Mix until well combined.
  2. Shape the Meatballs:
    • Shape the meat mixture into small meatballs, about 1 inch in diameter, and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  3. Cook the Meatballs:
    • In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the meatballs to the skillet in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer the cooked meatballs to a plate and set aside.
  4. Make the Gravy:
    • In the same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sprinkle flour over the melted butter and whisk to combine, cooking for 1-2 minutes to make a roux.
    • Gradually pour beef broth into the skillet, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming. Cook until the gravy thickens, about 5 minutes.
    • Stir in heavy cream and continue cooking until the gravy is smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Serve:
    • Return the cooked meatballs to the skillet with the gravy, tossing gently to coat them in the sauce.
  6. Garnish and Enjoy:
    • Garnish the Swedish-inspired Swedish meatballs with chopped fresh parsley.
    • Serve the meatballs hot, over mashed potatoes or with lingonberry sauce on the side.
  7. Enjoy:
    • Enjoy the rich and comforting flavors of these Swedish-inspired Swedish meatballs, a fusion of tender meatballs in a creamy and savory gravy that will transport you to the cozy kitchens of Sweden with every bite! Smaklig måltid! (Enjoy your meal!)
These Swedish meatballs are perfect for a comforting dinner or as a delicious appetizer for gatherings. With their warm spices and creamy gravy, this fusion creation is sure to become a favorite in your culinary repertoire.

I'm definitely trying this out! I've always loved exploring new cuisines, and Swedish dishes have been on my radar lately. Can't wait to taste these flavorful meatballs.

I can almost smell the warm spices and creamy gravy already. I love the idea of serving it with lingonberry sauce for that extra touch of authenticity. Has anyone tried making these meatballs yet? If so, how did they turn out?🥰

Wow, these Swedish-inspired Swedish Meatballs look amazing! 😍👌 Can't wait to give this recipe a try – thanks for sharing!

Back