Sweet and Sour Pork

Dom

Culinary Explorer
Wanna have a flavorful lunch? Here it is!
Sweet and Sour Pork.JPG
Ingredients:

• 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cooked rice for serving
Instructions:

1. In a bowl, coat the pork pieces evenly with cornstarch.
  2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the pork pieces and cook until browned and crispy, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove the pork from the skillet and set aside.
  3. In the same skillet, add a bit more oil if needed and sauté the chopped bell pepper and onion until they are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
  4. Return the cooked pork to the skillet, along with the pineapple chunks.
  5. In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Pour this sauce over the pork and vegetables in the skillet.
  6. Stir the cornstarch-water mixture to recombine, then add it to the skillet, stirring well to combine with the sauce.
  7. Cook everything together for a few more minutes until the sauce has thickened and the pork is heated through.
  8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  9. Serve the sweet and sour pork over cooked rice.
  10. Enjoy your delicious homemade sweet and sour pork!
This recipe makes a flavorful and satisfying dish that's perfect for any occasion!

Wanna have a flavorful lunch? Here it is!
View attachment 1181
Ingredients:

• 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup rice vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Cooked rice for serving
Instructions:

1. In a bowl, coat the pork pieces evenly with cornstarch.
  2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the pork pieces and cook until browned and crispy, about 4-5 minutes per side. Remove the pork from the skillet and set aside.
  3. In the same skillet, add a bit more oil if needed and sauté the chopped bell pepper and onion until they are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
  4. Return the cooked pork to the skillet, along with the pineapple chunks.
  5. In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, rice vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Pour this sauce over the pork and vegetables in the skillet.
  6. Stir the cornstarch-water mixture to recombine, then add it to the skillet, stirring well to combine with the sauce.
  7. Cook everything together for a few more minutes until the sauce has thickened and the pork is heated through.
  8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  9. Serve the sweet and sour pork over cooked rice.
  10. Enjoy your delicious homemade sweet and sour pork!
This recipe makes a flavorful and satisfying dish that's perfect for any occasion!
I've never made Sweet and Sour Pork at home before, but this recipe seems simple enough to follow. I'll have to give it a shot and see how it compares to my favorite takeout version. Thanks for sharing!

Sounds delicious! It's making me hungry. Thanks for sharing—I'm definitely adding this to my list of recipes to try for lunch! 🍽️👌

Whoa, that Sweet and Sour Pork looks absolutely mouthwatering! 🤤 Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe. It seems super simple to whip up at home, and I'm all about those flavorful lunches. Can't wait to give it a try and see how it stacks up against my usual takeout order.

I love how simple and flavorful the ingredients are. Can't wait to try making it for lunch! Do you think it would work well with chicken too?🤔

Back