Sweet Potato Turkey Burgers

fluffyiyoyo

Culinary Explorer
Who's ready for a burger that's equal parts delicious and nutritious? Well, I experimented sweet potatoes in a burger and it turned out YUM :love: So I want to share it with you guys!!

Sweet Potato Turkey Burgers.jpeg

👉 Here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:

• 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 small sweet potato, cooked and mashed (about 1 cup)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 red onion, finely diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Burger buns, lettuce, tomato, etc for serving
Just a nice simple mix of real, whole food ingredients - no crazy extras needed! ;)

Instructions:

1. In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, mashed sweet potato, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, paprika, cumin and a generous pinch of salt and pepper until fully combined. Don't over-mix.
  2. Divide and shape the mixture into 4-5 equal sized patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
  3. Cook the patties in a skillet or grill pan with a little oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through.
  4. Toast your burger buns and load them up with the patties, lettuce, tomato, maybe a smear of mustard or chipotle mayo! Get creative with toppings.
That's seriously it! These turkey burgers stay super moist and flavorful thanks to the sweet potato mashers. And you get a nice little veggie boost along with the lean protein 💪

Perfect for a casual backyard cookout, but also make a mean meal-prepped lunch. You can even bake them in the oven for a lighter cooking method. Let me know if you guys give this healthier burger recipe a try! I'm obsessed with how flavorful and satisfying they are ☺️

Count me in for that tasty adventure! 🍔🍠 Sweet Potato Turkey Burgers sound like the perfect combination of flavor and healthiness, can't wait to give them a try!

Sweet Potato Turkey Burgers? Sounds like a deliciously healthy twist on a classic! 🍠🍔 Can't wait to fire up the grill and give this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing, I'm always on the lookout for tasty and nutritious meal ideas! 😋👍

These Sweet Potato Turkey Burgers are making my taste buds do a happy dance! I'm all about that turkey-sweet potato combo, and the added veggies make it guilt-free. Grilling or baking, these burgers are a winner! Can't wait to dig in! 😋

Back