taco bake recipe

SHAKE_

Novice Foodie
Easy-Taco-Casserole_exps1603_RDS1554509D3B_RMS-1.jpg

Introduction​

If you love tacos and casseroles, this Taco Bake is a game-changer! 🌮🧀 I made it last weekend, and it’s now my go-to for a quick, satisfying dinner that everyone adores. Packed with all the taco flavors we love, it’s cheesy, hearty, and incredibly easy to put together. You’ve got to try it!

Ingredients​

• 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (10 oz)
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz)
  • 1 cup corn kernels (fresh, canned, or frozen)
  • 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
  • 4 large flour tortillas, cut into strips
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • Optional toppings: chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, jalapeños, chopped cilantro

Procedure​

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
  2. Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain excess fat.
  3. Add the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes with green chilies, and a little water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
  4. Layer the ingredients in a greased baking dish: start with a layer of tortilla strips, then add half of the beef mixture, half the beans, half the corn, and a third of the cheese.
  5. Repeat with another layer of tortilla strips, the remaining beef mixture, beans, corn, and another third of the cheese.
  6. Top with the remaining tortilla strips, salsa, and the rest of the cheese.
  7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
  8. Serve hot, topped with sour cream and your favorite optional toppings.

Conclusion​

This Taco Bake is like a fiesta in a dish—comforting, flavorful, and perfect for busy nights or family gatherings. 🎉🍽️ Enjoy it fresh out of the oven with your favorite toppings, and watch it disappear in no time! 🌟

Classic choice! I think baking it until the cheese is bubbly and golden is key, though. Any tips for keeping the tortillas from getting soggy? 🧀🍅

This taco bake recipe is a fiesta in a casserole dish—layers of seasoned meat, cheese, and crunchy tortilla chips! 🌮🧀😋

Back