Taco Rice 🌮🌾

aurora

Tasty Apprentice
Lazy Sundays are made for spicing things up, and what better way to do that than with some Taco Rice?! It's a tasty twist that'll have your crew drooling and you out of the kitchen - win-win! 🌮🍚 I'm all about sharing recipes that bring the joy, and let me tell ya, Taco Rice is my jam! ( ๑‾̀◡‾́)✨ It's like a delicious Mexican-Japanese flavor explosion in your mouth. So let's come together over some seriously good food and make this lazy Sunday one to remember! Let's taco 'bout it! 🌮🍚

taco'bout-it.jpg
Ingredients
:
  • 2 cups rice
  • 1 avocado, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 head of iceberg lettuce
  • Handful of diced king oyster mushrooms
  • 2 large tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
  • 80g celery, thinly diced
  • 100g green bell peppers, thinly diced
  • Handful of coriander, finely chopped
  • 45g lemon juice
  • 150g canned black beans, drained
  • 150g corn kernels, drained
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
  • 1/2 tbsp Tabasco sauce
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 3 tbsp sushi vinegar

Directions:
  1. To make the salsa, dice tomatoes, green bell peppers, and celery, and finely chop coriander. Mix them with black beans, corn kernels, and dried oregano. Add lemon juice, mix well, then transfer the mixture to an airtight food storage container and refrigerate for a day.
  2. To make sushi rice, rinse and drain 2 cups of rice, then combine it with 1.8 cups of water, 1 tbsp of oil, and 1/2 tsp of salt before steaming in a rice cooker. Once cooked, mix the hot rice with 3 tablespoons of sushi vinegar, then set it aside to cool.
  3. After washing, toss dry and julienne the iceberg lettuce.
  4. Sauté the king oyster mushroom dice in a hot oil pan with Tabasco sauce and cumin powder until fragrant.
  5. On a plate, arrange sushi rice, julienned iceberg lettuce, avocado slices and sautéed king oyster mushrooms. Garnish with the prepared salsa.
Get ready to spice up your mealtime with Taco Rice! 🌮🍚 It's a flavor explosion that will leave you craving more. ໒( ˵ •̀ ᴗ •́˵) Let's taco 'bout dinner plans! 🎉

I love the idea of shaking up lazy Sundays with something delicious like that. Count me in for making it a memorable one. Let's taco 'bout it indeed! 🌮 🍚

Back