Taiwanese Scallion Pancakes Recipe

bini_colet

Novice Foodie
Hey foodies! 😊 I just whipped up a batch of Taiwanese Scallion Pancakes, and they were a hit! 🥞🎉 These crispy, flaky pancakes are packed with savory flavor from the scallions and a hint of sesame oil. Perfect for snacking or as a side dish with your favorite dipping sauce. Plus, they're surprisingly easy to make at home! Give them a try and let me know what you think! 🌟
Taiwanese Scallion Pancakes Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup boiling water
  • 1/4 cup cold water
  • 1 cup chopped scallions (green onions)
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • Salt to taste
  • Vegetable oil for frying

Instructions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and boiling water. Mix well until a dough forms. Add the cold water gradually while kneading the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
  2. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. On a floured surface, roll out each portion into a thin circle, about 1/8 inch thick.
  3. Brush the surface of each dough circle with sesame oil, then sprinkle evenly with chopped scallions and a pinch of salt.
  4. Roll up each dough circle tightly into a log, then coil the log into a spiral shape. Flatten the spiral gently with your hand to form a pancake.
  5. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Once hot, place the pancake in the skillet and fry until golden brown and crispy on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
  6. Repeat with the remaining dough portions, adding more oil to the skillet as needed.
  7. Once cooked, transfer the pancakes to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
  8. Serve the Taiwanese Scallion Pancakes warm, sliced into wedges, and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce or on their own!

Hey foodies! 😊 I just whipped up a batch of Taiwanese Scallion Pancakes, and they were a hit! 🥞🎉 These crispy, flaky pancakes are packed with savory flavor from the scallions and a hint of sesame oil. Perfect for snacking or as a side dish with your favorite dipping sauce. Plus, they're surprisingly easy to make at home! Give them a try and let me know what you think! 🌟
View attachment 2864

Ingredients:

• 3/4 cup boiling water
  • 1/4 cup cold water
  • Salt to taste

Instructions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and boiling water. Mix well until a dough forms. Add the cold water gradually while kneading the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
  2. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. On a floured surface, roll out each portion into a thin circle, about 1/8 inch thick.
  3. Brush the surface of each dough circle with sesame oil, then sprinkle evenly with chopped scallions and a pinch of salt.
  4. Roll up each dough circle tightly into a log, then coil the log into a spiral shape. Flatten the spiral gently with your hand to form a pancake.
  5. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Once hot, place the pancake in the skillet and fry until golden brown and crispy on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
  6. Repeat with the remaining dough portions, adding more oil to the skillet as needed.
  7. Once cooked, transfer the pancakes to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
  8. Serve the Taiwanese Scallion Pancakes warm, sliced into wedges, and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce or on their own!
I think this recipe looks amazing! 😍 Scallion pancakes are a favorite of mine, and trying a Taiwanese version sounds like a delicious twist. Can't wait to give it a try! 🥞

These scallion pancakes are a must-try! 😋 Love the crispy texture and fragrant scallions. Perfect for a delicious snack or appetizer! 🥞🌿

Excited to try making Taiwanese scallion pancakes! 🥞🌱 Heard they're crispy and full of flavor! Can't wait to dig in!

View attachment 2864

Ingredients:

• 3/4 cup boiling water
  • 1/4 cup cold water
  • Salt to taste

Instructions:

Thanks for sharing! I've always loved scallion pancakes, and this Taiwanese version sounds delicious. Can't wait to try making them at home!

Back