Tamale Recipe

Nutellah_

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a delicious treat: tamales! 🌽✨ These savory corn husk-wrapped delights are filled with a flavorful mixture of masa, meat, cheese, or beans, making them perfect for any occasion. Let's get cooking!

Ingredients:
123×122
28.7 kB

1718770668954.png

• 2 cups masa harina (corn flour)
  • 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1/2 cup lard or vegetable shortening
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Filling of your choice (such as shredded chicken, cheese, or beans)
  • Corn husks, soaked in warm water for about 30 minutes
Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, mix the masa harina, baking powder, and salt.
  2. In a separate bowl, beat the lard or vegetable shortening until fluffy. Gradually add the masa mixture and broth, alternating between the two, until a dough forms.
  3. Take a soaked corn husk and spread about 2 tablespoons of the masa mixture onto the center, leaving some space at the edges.
  4. Add a spoonful of your desired filling onto the masa mixture.
  5. Fold the sides of the corn husk over the filling, then fold the bottom of the husk up.
  6. Place the tamale seam-side down on a steamer rack.
  7. Repeat with the remaining masa mixture and filling.
  8. Steam the tamales for about 1 hour, or until the masa is cooked through and easily pulls away from the husk.
  9. Let the tamales cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your homemade tamales! Let me know if you need any more help.

Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a delicious treat: tamales! 🌽✨ These savory corn husk-wrapped delights are filled with a flavorful mixture of masa, meat, cheese, or beans, making them perfect for any occasion. Let's get cooking!

Ingredients:
123×122
28.7 kB
123×122
28.7 kB

View attachment 4358
  • 2 cups masa harina (corn flour)
  • 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1/2 cup lard or vegetable shortening
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Filling of your choice (such as shredded chicken, cheese, or beans)
  • Corn husks, soaked in warm water for about 30 minutes
Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, mix the masa harina, baking powder, and salt.
  2. In a separate bowl, beat the lard or vegetable shortening until fluffy. Gradually add the masa mixture and broth, alternating between the two, until a dough forms.
  3. Take a soaked corn husk and spread about 2 tablespoons of the masa mixture onto the center, leaving some space at the edges.
  4. Add a spoonful of your desired filling onto the masa mixture.
  5. Fold the sides of the corn husk over the filling, then fold the bottom of the husk up.
  6. Place the tamale seam-side down on a steamer rack.
  7. Repeat with the remaining masa mixture and filling.
  8. Steam the tamales for about 1 hour, or until the masa is cooked through and easily pulls away from the husk.
  9. Let the tamales cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your homemade tamales! Let me know if you need any more help.
Wow, I've always wanted to learn how to make tamales! This recipe seems straightforward enough. I might give it a try this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

Back