Thai Green Papaya Salad (Som Tum)

cb100397

Culinary Explorer
Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with Thai Green Papaya Salad, also known as Som Tum! 🥗🌶️ This vibrant dish combines crisp green papaya, zesty lime juice, savory fish sauce, and a kick of Thai chilies for a burst of flavor in every bite. Topped with crunchy peanuts and fresh herbs, it's a refreshing delight that's perfect for any occasion. This is one of my most favorite Thai dish and I am so excited for you all to try it🍃✨
Thai Green Papaya Salad (Som Tum).jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium green papaya, peeled and shredded
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2-3 Thai bird's eye chilies, minced (adjust to taste)
  • 2 tablespoons palm sugar or brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
  • 2 tablespoons dried shrimp (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons chopped green onions

Instructions:
  1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the minced garlic, minced chilies, palm sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and tamarind paste. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the ingredients are well combined.
  2. Add the shredded green papaya to the bowl and toss until it's evenly coated with the dressing.
  3. Gently fold in the halved cherry tomatoes, chopped peanuts, and dried shrimp (if using).
  4. Transfer the salad to a serving plate and garnish with chopped cilantro and green onions.
  5. Serve immediately and enjoy the fresh and tangy flavors of Thai Green Papaya Salad!

This recipe is a flavor explosion! 🌶️🥗 I love the combination of crisp green papaya, tangy lime juice, and savory fish sauce, all topped off with crunchy peanuts and fresh herbs. It's the perfect balance of sweet, sour, salty, and spicy flavors that Thai cuisine is known for. Plus, it's super refreshing and light, making it perfect for a summer day or as a side dish to any Thai meal. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe! 🍃✨

My family would love this! They love papayas and this looks so good and healthy. Thanks for sharing this recipe. 😋😋😉👌

This Thai Green Papaya Salad is like a flavor explosion! 🥗🌶️ It's got the perfect balance of flavors and textures. And it's so easy to make, I can be a Thai chef from my own kitchen! 🍃✨

Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with Thai Green Papaya Salad, also known as Som Tum! 🥗🌶️ This vibrant dish combines crisp green papaya, zesty lime juice, savory fish sauce, and a kick of Thai chilies for a burst of flavor in every bite. Topped with crunchy peanuts and fresh herbs, it's a refreshing delight that's perfect for any occasion. This is one of my most favorite Thai dish and I am so excited for you all to try it🍃✨
View attachment 2186

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium green papaya, peeled and shredded
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2-3 Thai bird's eye chilies, minced (adjust to taste)
  • 2 tablespoons palm sugar or brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
  • 2 tablespoons dried shrimp (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons chopped green onions

Instructions:
  1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the minced garlic, minced chilies, palm sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and tamarind paste. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the ingredients are well combined.
  2. Add the shredded green papaya to the bowl and toss until it's evenly coated with the dressing.
  3. Gently fold in the halved cherry tomatoes, chopped peanuts, and dried shrimp (if using).
  4. Transfer the salad to a serving plate and garnish with chopped cilantro and green onions.
  5. Serve immediately and enjoy the fresh and tangy flavors of Thai Green Papaya Salad!
Thanks for sharing this recipe! Thai Green Papaya Salad, also known as Som Tum, is a refreshing and vibrant dish. I can already imagine the crisp and tangy flavors of shredded green papaya mixed with spicy chili, tangy lime juice, fish sauce, and the crunch of peanuts. Plus, it's a perfect balance of sweet, sour, salty, and spicy flavors that make it a favorite in Thai cuisine. Can't wait to try making this Thai Green Papaya Salad for a delicious and authentic taste of Thailand!

Thai Green Papaya Salad, also known as Som Tum, is a refreshing and vibrant dish bursting with flavors of tangy lime, spicy chili, savory fish sauce, and crunchy vegetables, creating a harmonious balance that tantalizes the taste buds and transports you to the streets of Thailand with every bite! 🥗🌶️🍋

Back