Thai Turmeric Chicken Recipe πŸ—βœ¨

Hey food lovers! Get ready to make an irresistible Thai Turmeric Chicken that's packed with flavor and easy to whip up! This dish features succulent chicken thighs marinated in a fragrant mix of turmeric, garlic, and savory sauces, giving it a golden, sticky glaze that will have everyone at your table coming back for seconds. Perfect for impressing guests or enjoying a special meal at home. Serve it with some jasmine or coconut rice and fresh veggies for a complete Thai-inspired feast! Let's get cooking! 🍚πŸ₯’
Thai Turmeric Chicken.jpg

Ingredients:

• 5 large chicken thighs, skin-on, bone-in (~1.2kg/2.4lb)
For the Marinade:
  • 4 garlic cloves, finely minced or crushed
  • 2 tbsp fish sauce
  • 2 Β½ tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tsp white pepper (or substitute with black pepper)
  • 1 tbsp ground turmeric
  • ΒΌ cup brown sugar (packed tightly)
Instructions:
  1. Marinate the Chicken: In a large bowl, mix together all the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken thighs and toss to coat evenly. Let it marinate for at least 3 hours, but for the best flavor, leave it overnight.
  2. Preheat the Oven: When you're ready to cook, preheat your oven to 180Β°C/350Β°F (160Β°C if using a fan-forced oven).
  3. Prepare for Baking: Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the marinated chicken thighs on the tray, skin side up. Make sure to scrape all the marinade from the bowl and spread it over the chicken.
  4. Bake: Bake the chicken for 40 minutes, basting with the tray juices at the 30-minute and 40-minute marks to achieve a golden brown, sticky finish. Rotate the tray as needed to ensure even coloring.
  5. Caramelize the Skin: Increase the oven temperature to 200Β°C/390Β°F (180Β°C fan-forced). Return the chicken to the oven for an additional 10 minutes to caramelize the skin.
  6. Rest and Serve: Let the chicken rest for 3 minutes before serving. Pair it with jasmine or coconut rice, and add some fresh tomato and cucumber slices on the side for that authentic Thai experience.

Get ready to savor every bite! πŸ˜‹πŸ΄

This sounds absolutely delicious! 😍 I love the idea of pairing it with coconut riceβ€”such a perfect combo. I’m definitely going to try marinating the chicken overnight for that extra flavor. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe! Can't wait to get cooking! πŸ—βœ¨

This Thai Turmeric Chicken looks absolutely delicious! πŸ˜πŸ— The turmeric adds such a vibrant touch. Can’t wait to try this flavorful recipe out for myself!

Just made them and I sent a photo to my friend and now he is coming all the way over to my side of town because they looked so good! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚Plus I tried one and they are amazing. :love:🫢🫢

Back