This Taiwanese Style Tuna Belly Stir-Fry!

JulieBaker

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, so last night I try this asian recipe and I'm excited to share with you a tantalizing this straight from the heart of Taiwan :)
So without further ado, here's how i did it :)

Ingredients:
  • 325 grams tuna belly
    taiwanese style tuna.jpg
  • 1/2 loosely packed cup Chinese basil
  • Few extra Chinese basil (for garnish)
  • 3 to 4 garlic cloves
  • 4 slices ginger
  • 1 to 2 red chilies
  • 1 stalk scallion
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon sugar
  • Few splashes Chinese rice cooking wine
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

Instructions:
    1. Start by thinly slicing the garlic cloves, ginger, red chilies, and scallion. Keep them aside.
    2. Cut the tuna belly into bite-sized pieces. Marinate them with soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, and a splash of Chinese rice cooking wine. Let it sit for about 15 minutes to soak up those delicious flavors.
    3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the sliced garlic, ginger, and red chilies. Stir-fry until they turn fragrant and golden brown, which should take about a minute or two.
    4. Carefully add the marinated tuna belly to the pan. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the tuna is lightly browned on the edges but still tender and juicy on the inside.
    5. Toss in the Chinese basil and scallions. Give it a good stir and let the basil wilt slightly, releasing its irresistible aroma. This should only take about a minute.
    6. Transfer the aromatic tuna belly stir-fry to a serving plate. Garnish with a few extra sprigs of Chinese basil for that final flourish of freshness. Pair it with steamed rice and dig in!

And there you have it! a lip-smacking Taiwanese Style Tuna Belly Stir-Fry, you may also try throwing in some extra red chilies!

If you accidentally eat all the stir-fry before it even makes it to the table, don't worry – we won't judge! Just tell your guests it's a new Taiwanese tradition of pre-dinner snacking. :ROFLMAO:

I love the combination of flavors you've got going on there with the Chinese basil, garlic, ginger, and chilies. And using tuna belly adds such a rich, indulgent touch. Can't wait to give this recipe a try myself! :love:

That Taiwanese Style Tuna Belly Stir-Fry looks absolutely delicious! 😋🐟 Love the mix of flavors and textures. Can't wait to try it out myself! Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🙌🍽️

I love the combination of flavors you've got going on there with the Chinese basil, garlic, ginger, and chilies. And using tuna belly adds such a rich, indulgent touch. Can't wait to give this recipe a try myself! :love:
That Taiwanese Style Tuna Belly Stir-Fry looks absolutely delicious! 😋🐟 Love the mix of flavors and textures. Can't wait to try it out myself! Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🙌🍽️
Appreciate it guys, I'm glad that you want to try it out :)

Back