Tips for chilling pasta before making pasta salad?

Ui Ui

Culinary Explorer
❄️ I've heard conflicting advice on the best way to chill pasta for salad. Should I rinse it in cold water, toss it with oil, or simply let it cool on its own? Any tried-and-true methods you swear by? I'd love to hear your tips! 🍝🥶

Hey! 😊 I usually rinse the pasta under cold water and toss it with a bit of oil to keep it from sticking, works like a charm! 🍝 Thanks for asking!

❄️ I've heard conflicting advice on the best way to chill pasta for salad. Should I rinse it in cold water, toss it with oil, or simply let it cool on its own? Any tried-and-true methods you swear by? I'd love to hear your tips! 🍝🥶
You might want to rinse the pasta under cold water after draining. ❄️ I think it stops the cooking process and cools it down quickly.

Hey, I usually rinse the pasta in cold water and toss it with a bit of olive oil to keep it from sticking. 🌊🍴 Appreciate the tip, thanks for sharing!

Hey! 😊 I usually rinse the pasta under cold water and toss it with a bit of oil to keep it from sticking, works like a charm! 🍝 Thanks for asking!
Hey! Totally get it, and appreciate the tip! 👍 I usually skip the rinse but might try it your way next time, sounds solid! 🙌

• Love
Reactions: Mui
You might want to rinse the pasta under cold water after draining. ❄️ I think it stops the cooking process and cools it down quickly.
Thanks for the tip! I always rinse my pasta too; it totally helps stop the cooking and cool it down quickly. 😁

Hey, I usually rinse the pasta in cold water and toss it with a bit of olive oil to keep it from sticking. 🌊🍴 Appreciate the tip, thanks for sharing!
Totally agree, Rinsing and tossing pasta in olive oil is my go-to trick too—totally keeps it from sticking! 🍝

Back