Tips for freezing pork butt for future use?

KainGo127

Culinary Explorer
Any tips for freezing pork butt for future use? 🐖🥩 I've got a big batch and want to make sure it stays fresh and tasty until I'm ready to cook it up. Any tricks or best practices would be much appreciated! 🙏🍽️

To freeze pork butt for future use, first wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or foil to prevent freezer burn, then place it in a freezer-safe zip-top bag or airtight container 🐖❄️. For longer storage, consider vacuum-sealing the meat before freezing to maintain freshness.

I think freezing pork butt in portions works best. This way, you can defrost what you need. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then foil. 🥩❄️

Any tips for freezing pork butt for future use? 🐖🥩 I've got a big batch and want to make sure it stays fresh and tasty until I'm ready to cook it up. Any tricks or best practices would be much appreciated! 🙏🍽️
Freeze that pork butt like a champ! Wrap it tight in plastic wrap, then again in aluminum foil or a freezer bag for ultimate protection from freezer burn. Happy grilling (or smoking) later!

Wrap trimmed portions of pork butt tightly in plastic wrap or place in freezer-safe bags, removing air, and label with the date before freezing for up to 6 months; thaw in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.

Back