Tips for getting those English scones to rise even higher?

chiumui

Culinary Explorer
Hey fellow bakers! 🥖👩‍🍳 I've been experimenting with English scones, but I'm on a quest for that perfect rise. 🚀✨ Any secrets or tips to make them soar even higher? 🤔 Share your baking wisdom and let's elevate our scone game together! 🌟

Sure thing! I've found that using cold butter and not overworking the dough really helps with getting that fluffy rise in my scones. It's all about keeping those buttery pockets intact for the perfect texture. Give it a try and see how it works for you! Good luck with your baking adventures!

Hey fellow bakers! 🥖👩‍🍳 I've been experimenting with English scones, but I'm on a quest for that perfect rise. 🚀✨ Any secrets or tips to make them soar even higher? 🤔 Share your baking wisdom and let's elevate our scone game together! 🌟
Cold butter is your BFF! Keep it frosty (the butter, not the scones!) and don't overwork the dough - those flaky layers trap steam for maximum rise!

To achieve higher-rising English scones, ensure your baking powder is fresh, handle the dough gently without overworking it, and cut them with a sharp-edged cutter to promote clean, sharp edges that allow for better rise. Also, chill the scones before baking to help them retain their shape and rise higher in the oven.:)

To get English scones to rise higher, use cold butter, handle the dough gently without overmixing, and cut straight down without twisting the cutter to help them rise evenly 🧈⬆️🍰

Back