Traeger Smoked Brisket

cheffyyow

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys! Want to share a real treat with this Traeger brisket recipe! 🤗 My mom smoked up this hunk of beef perfection for me last time I visited, and I'm still dreaming about those juicy, flavorful slices 😘🤤

Traeger_Smoked_Brisket.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 whole beef brisket (10-14 lbs), trimmed
  • Mom's Dry Rub:
    • 1/4 cup brown sugar
    • 2 tbsp paprika
    • 1 tbsp chili powder
    • 1 tbsp garlic powder
    • 1 tbsp onion powder
    • 2 tsp mustard powder
    • 2 tsp salt
    • 1 tsp black pepper
  • Beef broth or water for spritzing
  • Hardwood pellets for your Traeger (Mom uses a mix of hickory and apple)
Instructions:
  1. Start by mixing up all the dry rub ingredients in a small bowl until combined. Generously season the brisket all over with the rub, working it into every nook and cranny.
  2. Preheat your Traeger grill to 225°F with the hardwood pellets.
  3. Place the brisket fat-side down directly on the grill grates. Insert a temperature probe into the thickest part of the meat.
  4. Smoke that brisket for 6-8 hours, spritzing with beef broth every hour or so, until it reaches an internal temp of 165°F.
  5. Remove from the grill and wrap tightly in butcher paper or foil. Return it to the grill and continue cooking until it hits 195-205°F for perfect tenderness, about 4-6 more hours.
  6. When it's probe-tender, remove the brisket and let it rest for at least 1 hour before slicing into it. This allows the juices to redistribute.
  7. Use a serrated knife to slice those juicy, smoky brisket slices against the grain. Drool-worthy flavor!
This low-and-slow smoked brisket is Worth. Every. Minute. ;)

My mouth is watering just looking at this recipe for Traeger Smoked Brisket! I can't wait to check it out and light the grill! 😍 🔥🥩

That Traeger smoked brisket looks absolutely mouthwatering! 🍖🔥 Love how tender and juicy it looks. Perfect for a summer BBQ with friends. Definitely adding this to my must-try list! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Reminds me of a similar dish I had down in Texas last year. The smokiness really takes it to the next level, don't you think? Wondering if anyone's tried adding a bit of cumin to the rub? 🤔

Back