Tricolor Dango

Toffee

Novice Foodie
Let me share something cool with you! Last month, I made this famous Japanese dessert called Dango. It's very easy and quick to make, although some ingredients were a bit hard to find. But trust me, it's totally worth it! Since the process is so simple, it was made successfully. The sweetness is just right, not excessive or lacking, and the texture is so soft that I love chewing it.
IMG202402064306.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 160g joshinko non-glutinous rice flour
  • 40g shiratamako glutinous rice flour
  • 60g sugar
  • 200ml hot water
  • 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
  • red food colouring

Instructions:
  1. Mix the Dango Mixture:
    - Mix 160g joshinko non-glutinous rice flour, 40g shiratamako glutinous rice flour, and 60g sugar in a bowl.
    - Add 200ml hot water slowly, mixing until the mixture feels like an earlobe.
  2. Knead the Dough:
    - Cover the bowl and microwave for 3 minutes.
    Use damp hands or a dampened pestle to knead the dough.
  3. Divide the Dough:
    - Split the dough into three equal parts.
    - Add food coloring to one part, matcha to another, and leave the third plain.
    - If matcha is too dry, add a bit of water to make a paste before mixing.
  4. Make Dango Balls:
    - Dampen hands and roll each part into 6 balls of equal size.
    - Thread one ball of each color onto a bamboo skewer.
  5. Serve:
    - Enjoy your sweet Dango treat!

And that's how easy it is to make Dango. Isn't it interesting? But don't let its simplicity fool you. Give it a try, and you'll see why it is more than simple. 🤭🍡

Thanks for sharing this Dango recipe! It looks so yummy and fun to make. I've never tried making Japanese desserts at home before, but I might give this a shot. Love how you explained the process step by step. The combination of matcha and red food coloring sounds intriguing too. Can't wait to try it out! 😋🍡

Back