Truita de Carreroles

Mystique

Novice Foodie
During my time exploring this picturesque country, I had the pleasure of indulging in the delightful flavors of Andorran cuisine. One dish that stands out as a true taste of Andorra is Truita de Carreroles, a savory mushroom omelet that captures the essence of the mountains.

Truita de Carreroles.jpg

Ingredients:

• 200g wild mushrooms (such as chanterelles or porcini), cleaned and sliced
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 50g cured ham (such as Jamón Serrano or Bayonne ham), diced
  • 50g grated cheese (such as Andorran Tomme or Gruyère)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley for garnish
Procedure:

1. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
  2. Add the sliced wild mushrooms to the skillet and cook until they release their moisture and become golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
  3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until well beaten. Stir in the cooked mushrooms, diced ham, and grated cheese, reserving a small amount of cheese for garnish.
  4. Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a clean skillet over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and spread it evenly to cover the surface.
  5. Cook the omelette for 3-4 minutes, or until the bottom is set and golden brown. Carefully flip the omelet using a spatula or by sliding it onto a plate and inverting it back into the skillet.
  6. Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through and the cheese is melted.
  7. Slide the Truita de Carreroles onto a serving platter and sprinkle with the reserved grated cheese and fresh parsley for garnish.
  8. Slice the omelet into wedges and serve hot, accompanied by crusty bread and a crisp green salad.
With its rich flavors and hearty textures, Truita de Carreroles is a delightful taste of Andorra that's sure to warm your soul and transport you to the misty mountains of this charming country. Bon appétit! 🍳🏔️

During my time exploring this picturesque country, I had the pleasure of indulging in the delightful flavors of Andorran cuisine. One dish that stands out as a true taste of Andorra is Truita de Carreroles, a savory mushroom omelet that captures the essence of the mountains.

View attachment 1589

Ingredients:

• 200g wild mushrooms (such as chanterelles or porcini), cleaned and sliced
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 50g cured ham (such as Jamón Serrano or Bayonne ham), diced
  • 50g grated cheese (such as Andorran Tomme or Gruyère)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Fresh parsley for garnish
Procedure:

1. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
  2. Add the sliced wild mushrooms to the skillet and cook until they release their moisture and become golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
  3. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until well beaten. Stir in the cooked mushrooms, diced ham, and grated cheese, reserving a small amount of cheese for garnish.
  4. Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a clean skillet over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and spread it evenly to cover the surface.
  5. Cook the omelette for 3-4 minutes, or until the bottom is set and golden brown. Carefully flip the omelet using a spatula or by sliding it onto a plate and inverting it back into the skillet.
  6. Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked through and the cheese is melted.
  7. Slide the Truita de Carreroles onto a serving platter and sprinkle with the reserved grated cheese and fresh parsley for garnish.
  8. Slice the omelet into wedges and serve hot, accompanied by crusty bread and a crisp green salad.
With its rich flavors and hearty textures, Truita de Carreroles is a delightful taste of Andorra that's sure to warm your soul and transport you to the misty mountains of this charming country. Bon appétit! 🍳🏔️
Truita de Carreroles! 🍳😋 Sounds like a delicious Spanish omelette! Love exploring new flavors from around the world. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Can't wait to give it a try and bring a taste of Spain to my kitchen! 🇪🇸👩‍🍳

Truita de Carreroles, huh? Sounds like a tasty adventure! Haven't given it a go myself, but I'm always up for trying new flavors. How did it turn out for you? 🍳🌿

Back