Trying to recreate the Nürnburger 🍔

laplus

Tasty Apprentice
I wanted to recreate the flavors of Nürnberg Rostbratwurst, a sausage with herbs and spices originating from the time when trade routes to and from the Silk Road all converged in Nürnberg. If you are curious about the flavor, it would be my pleasure to share this recipe with you ✨

Ingredients:
  • 600g ground pork
  • 1 onion, finely diced
  • 4 Kaisersemmel buns (or any preferred burger buns)
  • Hot mustard (e.g., Löwensenf)
  • Sliced cheese
  • Pickles
Spice Mix:
  • 4g marjoram
  • 1/2 teaspoon mace
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:
  • In a mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, finely diced onion, marjoram, mace, ginger, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
  • Divide the mixture into four equal portions and shape each portion into a burger patty.
  • Preheat a grill or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the burger patties for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through and have developed a golden-brown crust.
  • Meanwhile, slice the Kaisersemmel buns in half and lightly toast them.
  • Spread hot mustard on the bottom half of each bun.
  • Place a cooked burger patty on top of the mustard.
  • Add a slice of melted cheese on top of each burger patty.
  • Top with pickles and cover with the other half of the bun.
  • Serve the Nuremburgers hot and enjoy the flavors reminiscent of Nürnberg Rostbratwurst in burger form!

Note: Feel free to customize your Nuremburgers with additional toppings like lettuce, tomato, or onions according to your preference.

Nürnburger 🍔.jpg

Wow, what an interesting twist on the classic Nürnberg Rostbratwurst! I'm definitely intrigued by this burger version. Thanks for posting the recipe!

Back