Tuna Melt - A Student and Budget Friendly Recipe

letswinwin

Novice Foodie
I want to share one of my tips with you on how I saved some money from this recipe instead of eating out when I was in college. Budget was really tight back then, so this Tuna Melt Recipe I've managed to come up with back then helped me a lot. Ingredients are very cheap and some maybe are already available in your kitchen ;)

tuna-melt.jpg
Ingredients:
1 can of tuna
2 slices of bread
2 slices of cheese (any kind)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon onion
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Butter for spreading
Red chili flakes (optional)

How to do:

1. In a mixing bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise, onion, red chili flakes (optional), salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasonings to your liking.
  2. Preheat your skillet into a medium heat.
  3. Butter one side of each of the bread slices and lay two slices on top of each other, buttered side facing the middle.
  4. Place cheese slices on the bread, then a scoop of the tuna mixture.
  5. Lay the bottom half of the sandwich on the skillet, then lay the top slice of bread on top. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until the bread is toasted and golden brown. Slice it in half then serve.
I usually made more portions of this then just stored the tuna mixture in a small airtight container then It's best to eat it within 3-5 days.

I was looking for something easy to cook. Glad that I found this recipe here. Well, adding chili flakes will surely make your Tuna Melt taste better.

Back