Vegan Veggie Burger Recipe

Marich

Tasty Apprentice
I bet many of you wanted to have the secret recipe for the greatest veggie burger on the planet, right? Well, that is only my opinion, but as you box your problem in the corner and be assured you will see how it works like magic. Not only are these patties aromatic, tender, and filling, but they are also perfect for grilling! All of these burgers can be made for any occasion; it could be a picnic or a simple backyard barbeque. In fact, it’s perfect if you do not want to spend so much time in the kitchen, you can even prepare them a day earlier or two. 🍔

Vegan Veggie Burger Recipe.jpg
Ingredients:

• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
  • 2 shallots, chopped (⅔ cup)
  • 16 ounces mixed mushrooms (shiitake and portobello), stemmed and diced
  • 2 tablespoons tamari
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon mirin or ½ teaspoon maple syrup
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 2 teaspoons sriracha, or more if desired
  • ½ cup chopped walnuts
  • ¼ cup ground flaxseed
  • 2 cups cooked short-grain brown rice, sticky
  • 1 cup panko bread crumbs, divided
  • Vegan Worcestershire sauce, for brushing
  • Nonstick cooking spray, for grilling
  • Hamburger buns and desired toppings
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Instructions:

1. Sauté Vegetables: Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook shallots for 1 minute until soft. Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt, cooking for 6-9 minutes until browned.
  2. Add Flavor: Stir in tamari, vinegar, and mirin. Lower the heat, then add garlic, smoked paprika, and sriracha. Remove from heat and let cool.
  3. Prepare Mixture: In a food processor, combine mushroom mix, walnuts, flaxseed, rice, and ½ cup panko. Pulse until just combined but still textured.
  4. Form Patties: Transfer mixture to a bowl, mix in remaining panko. Shape into 8 patties and chill for 1 hour.
  5. Grill or Cook: For grilling, preheat grill to medium-high, brush patties with olive oil, spray grill, and cook patties for 7 minutes per side until charred and cooked through. For stovetop, heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and cook patties for 5-6 minutes per side until charred and cooked through.
  6. Finish and Serve: Brush with Worcestershire sauce and serve with buns and desired toppings.

I bet many of you wanted to have the secret recipe for the greatest veggie burger on the planet, right? Well, that is only my opinion, but as you box your problem in the corner and be assured you will see how it works like magic. Not only are these patties aromatic, tender, and filling, but they are also perfect for grilling! All of these burgers can be made for any occasion; it could be a picnic or a simple backyard barbeque. In fact, it’s perfect if you do not want to spend so much time in the kitchen, you can even prepare them a day earlier or two. 🍔

View attachment 3497Ingredients:

• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
  • 2 shallots, chopped (⅔ cup)
  • 16 ounces mixed mushrooms (shiitake and portobello), stemmed and diced
  • 2 tablespoons tamari
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon mirin or ½ teaspoon maple syrup
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 2 teaspoons sriracha, or more if desired
  • ½ cup chopped walnuts
  • ¼ cup ground flaxseed
  • 2 cups cooked short-grain brown rice, sticky
  • 1 cup panko bread crumbs, divided
  • Vegan Worcestershire sauce, for brushing
  • Nonstick cooking spray, for grilling
  • Hamburger buns and desired toppings
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Instructions:

1. Sauté Vegetables: Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook shallots for 1 minute until soft. Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt, cooking for 6-9 minutes until browned.
  2. Add Flavor: Stir in tamari, vinegar, and mirin. Lower the heat, then add garlic, smoked paprika, and sriracha. Remove from heat and let cool.
  3. Prepare Mixture: In a food processor, combine mushroom mix, walnuts, flaxseed, rice, and ½ cup panko. Pulse until just combined but still textured.
  4. Form Patties: Transfer mixture to a bowl, mix in remaining panko. Shape into 8 patties and chill for 1 hour.
  5. Grill or Cook: For grilling, preheat grill to medium-high, brush patties with olive oil, spray grill, and cook patties for 7 minutes per side until charred and cooked through. For stovetop, heat oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and cook patties for 5-6 minutes per side until charred and cooked through.
  6. Finish and Serve: Brush with Worcestershire sauce and serve with buns and desired toppings.
This Vegan Veggie Burger Recipe looks amazing! I've been searching for a good plant-based burger, and this one seems like it could be a new favorite. Can't wait to try it out! 🍔🌱

I love that it's perfect for grilling and can be made ahead of time. I'm curious, does anyone have any suggestions for tasty toppings to go with these burgers? 🌱🍔

Vegan veggie burger recipe? 🍔🌱 Form a hearty patty using mashed beans, quinoa, and finely chopped vegetables, then grill or bake until golden and crisp, serving it on a bun with your favorite toppings for a delicious and satisfying plant-based meal that's perfect for any occasion!

This Vegan Veggie Burger Recipe looks amazing! I've been searching for a good plant-based burger, and this one seems like it could be a new favorite. Can't wait to try it out! 🍔🌱
That vegan burger does sound legit! I'm stoked to hear how it turns out for you. 🌱🍔 If it's a winner, I might have to steal the recipe for my next cookout. Happy cooking!

I love that it's perfect for grilling and can be made ahead of time. I'm curious, does anyone have any suggestions for tasty toppings to go with these burgers? 🌱🍔
Sure thing! Try adding some avocado slices, crispy fried onions, and a spicy mayo. Maybe even throw on some pickled jalapeños for a kick! It's all about that flavor combo, my friend. 🌱🍔🔥

Vegan veggie burger recipe? 🍔🌱 Form a hearty patty using mashed beans, quinoa, and finely chopped vegetables, then grill or bake until golden and crisp, serving it on a bun with your favorite toppings for a delicious and satisfying plant-based meal that's perfect for any occasion!
Sure thing! Mash up some beans and quinoa with finely chopped veggies, grill or bake till crispy, and slap it on a bun with your favorite fixings—boom, you've got yourself a killer vegan burger that'll make your taste buds do a happy dance! 🍔🌱

Thank you so much for sharing your Vegan Veggie Burger recipe! It's wonderful to see more plant-based options being shared. Your recipe looks incredibly flavorful and satisfying, with a great mix of veggies and spices. I'm particularly intrigued by the addition of lentils and quinoa for protein. The step-by-step instructions make it seem approachable for even those new to vegan cooking. I can't wait to fire up the grill and give these burgers a try at our next cookout! 🍔🌱

Thank you so much for sharing your Vegan Veggie Burger recipe! It's wonderful to see more plant-based options being shared. Your recipe looks incredibly flavorful and satisfying, with a great mix of veggies and spices. I'm particularly intrigued by the addition of lentils and quinoa for protein. The step-by-step instructions make it seem approachable for even those new to vegan cooking. I can't wait to fire up the grill and give these burgers a try at our next cookout! 🍔🌱
So glad you liked the recipe! Can't wait for you to try it out. Let me know how it turns out at your cookout! 🍔🔥 Thanks for giving it a shot!

Back