Venetian Shrimp with Polenta

KainGo127

Culinary Explorer
Yo! shrimp lovers! Craving a taste of Venice? 🍤🇮🇹 Dive into our Venetian Shrimp with Polenta recipe – it's a flavor-packed trip to the canals without leaving your kitchen! Creamy polenta hugs succulent shrimp in a garlic, white wine, and lemon zest sauce. Just whip it up, plate it pretty, and indulge! Trust us, your taste buds will thank you! 😋

Venetian Shrimp with Polenta

Venetian Shrimp with Polenta (1).jpg

Ingredients

For the Polenta:

• 8 cups water
  • 2 cups stone-ground plain white or yellow cornmeal
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons fine sea salt
  • 1 fresh bay leaf
For the Shrimp:

• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, plus more to taste
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 3/4 cup lower-sodium chicken stock
  • 2 pounds peeled and deveined raw large wild-caught Gulf shrimp
  • 2 teaspoons lemon zest
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
Directions:

Preparing the Polenta:

1. In a large saucepan, whisk together 8 cups of water, cornmeal, salt, and bay leaf.
  2. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring often with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking.
  3. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cook for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the polenta is tender and thickened.
  4. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
Preparing the Shrimp:

1. In a large, deep skillet, heat olive oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper over medium-low heat.
  2. Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is softened and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
  3. Add the white wine to the skillet and bring it to a simmer over medium-high heat.
  4. Let it simmer until it's reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
  5. Add the chicken stock to the skillet and return it to a simmer; let it simmer for 3 minutes.
  6. Add the shrimp, lemon zest, and salt to the skillet. Cook, stirring often, until the shrimp are slightly opaque, about 4 minutes.
  7. Stir in the butter and half of the chopped parsley. Once the butter is melted, remove the skillet from heat. Cover it and let the shrimp steam until just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
Serving:

1. Divide the prepared polenta among warm shallow bowls.
  2. Top each bowl with shrimp and sauce.
  3. Garnish with the remaining chopped parsley.
  4. Serve immediately.

PS: I've fallen head over heels for this Venetian Shrimp with Polenta recipe! 💖🍤 It's like a culinary love affair – creamy polenta snuggles up to tender shrimp in a dreamy garlic and white wine sauce. 😍✨ One bite, and you'll be transported to the romantic canals of Venice! 🇮🇹 Trust me, it's a recipe worth swooning over!

Thanks for sharing this mouthwatering recipe. Can't wait to try it out and pretend I'm dining along the canals of Venice! 🍤😉✨👍
Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm thrilled you're excited to try out the recipe. Imagining dining along the canals of Venice sounds absolutely delightful! 😊🍤 Let me know how it turns out for you! Enjoy!

Back