Vietnamese-inspired Spring Rolls 🌯🫔

beni

Tasty Apprentice
Everybody loves spring rolls! There are many different varieties in Vietnam (and Asia), ranging from deep-fried to steamed or fresh, using all kinds of wrappers. This recipe shows you how to make these easy, fast, and healthy fresh spring rolls.

Ingredients:
Vietnamese-inspired Spring Rolls.jpg

• 6 sheets rice-paper
  • 50 gram rice vermicelli
  • 12 large shrimps
  • 6 large lettuce leafs
  • 50 gram cucumber, sliced in strips
  • 1 carrot, julienne strips
  • 15 gram mint leafs
  • 15 gram cilantro
  • optional: 10 gram thai basil
sauce option 1:
  • 2 tbsp hoisin
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1.5 tbsp thick coconut milk
sauce option 2:
  • 2 tbsp fish sauce
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 1 tbsp of (palm) sugar
  • 2 tbsp lime juice
  • 1 finely diced red chili
  • ½ clove finely chopped garlic
Directions:
  1. Start with prepping all your ingredients. So wash your lettuce, cut your cucumber, julienne your carrot and cook the rice vermicelli noodles according to the package instructions. rinse under cold water and set all the ingredients to the side. Now it is time to boil your shrimp in soft boiling water for two minutes, then immediately cool them down in some ice water. I also like to cut them from tail to head down the middle, so you have a more even dispersion and this looks more beautiful in the end result. This is also the time to prepare your dipping sauce(s). For both recipes you only have to combine all the ingredients together!
  2. Now it's time to roll! Start by soaking a rice wrapper in cold water for maximum 10 seconds and lay down on a flat and clean surface. Add your filling on top of the wrapper with enough space to the borders and start closing up your spring roll. Finish all of them and serve them with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
And just like that, you created healthy, fresh spring rolls!

I am so excited to try making these Vietnamese-inspired Spring Rolls! The recipe seems straightforward and the ingredients are so fresh and healthy. I love the idea of customizing the filling with shrimp, rice vermicelli, lettuce, cucumber, and herbs. And those dipping sauce options sound amazing! I can't wait to roll up these spring rolls and dip them into that flavorful sauce. Thank you for sharing such a delicious and versatile recipe!

Absolutely! 🌱🥢 Fresh spring rolls are a beloved dish with endless variations, and your easy, fast, and healthy recipe sounds fantastic. Thanks for sharing—I can't wait to give it a try and enjoy these delicious and nutritious treats! 🍽️🌟

Back