Waldorf Salad Recipe

Kiriya Ubuyashiki

Culinary Explorer
When it comes to salad that is still popular after many years, Waldorf salad has to be considered. The combination of fruits and nuts in mayonnaise is as pleasing to the palate as ever before and has been around for over a century. Mainly, this one, which was created in 1896 by Oscar Tschirky, the maître d’hôtel at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York, is famous for its history and classiness. However, since it usually does not include meat, people can incorporate chicken to make this a wholesome dish. Follow me as I take you through some of the features of this classic dish that still appeals to the current generation. 🤗🤩

Waldorf Salad Recipe.jpg
Ingredients:

• ½ cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • ⅛ teaspoon salt
  • 3 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
  • 1 cup thinly sliced celery
  • ½ cup chopped walnuts
  • ½ cup raisins (optional)
Directions:
  1. In a serving bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, and salt.
  2. Add the apples, celery, walnuts, and raisins, then mix well.
  3. Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Enjoy your Waldorf Salad with you family and love once!

When it comes to salad that is still popular after many years, Waldorf salad has to be considered. The combination of fruits and nuts in mayonnaise is as pleasing to the palate as ever before and has been around for over a century. Mainly, this one, which was created in 1896 by Oscar Tschirky, the maître d’hôtel at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York, is famous for its history and classiness. However, since it usually does not include meat, people can incorporate chicken to make this a wholesome dish. Follow me as I take you through some of the features of this classic dish that still appeals to the current generation. 🤗🤩

View attachment 3816Ingredients:
  • ½ cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • ⅛ teaspoon salt
  • 3 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
  • 1 cup thinly sliced celery
  • ½ cup chopped walnuts
  • ½ cup raisins (optional)
Directions:
  1. In a serving bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice, and salt.
  2. Add the apples, celery, walnuts, and raisins, then mix well.
  3. Cover the bowl and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

Enjoy your Waldorf Salad with you family and love once!
This Waldorf salad recipe looks delicious! Has anyone tried adding a few dried cranberries or some blue cheese crumbles? Can't wait to make this for my next lunch! 🍏🥗🌰

This Waldorf salad recipe looks delicious! Has anyone tried adding a few dried cranberries or some blue cheese crumbles? Can't wait to make this for my next lunch! 🍏🥗🌰
Absolutely! Dried cranberries and blue cheese would totally kick that Waldorf salad up a notch! Sounds like a tasty plan for lunch!

Waldorf salad recipe? 🥗🍏 Toss together crisp apples, celery, grapes, and walnuts with a creamy dressing made from mayo, yogurt, lemon juice, and honey for a refreshing and crunchy salad that's perfect for a light lunch or side dish - a timeless classic with a perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors!

How does Waldorf salad taste with the addition of chicken? I'm curious to try it out for a summer picnic... 🍗🥗

Adding chicken to Waldorf salad gives it a tasty twist, adding a savory flavor that pairs well with the sweetness of the fruits and the crunch of the nuts. It's a great idea for your summer picnic! Thanks for considering the suggestion! (y)(y)(y)

Waldorf salad recipe? 🥗🍏 Toss together crisp apples, celery, grapes, and walnuts with a creamy dressing made from mayo, yogurt, lemon juice, and honey for a refreshing and crunchy salad that's perfect for a light lunch or side dish - a timeless classic with a perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors!

Hey, glad you're into it! Just toss those crisp apples, celery, grapes, and walnuts together, then whip up a creamy dressing with mayo, yogurt, lemon juice, and honey. It's a classic with that perfect sweet and savory vibe, ideal for a light lunch or side dish. Thanks for suggesting it! ;)

Back