What are some good ways to eat sweet potatoes?

EternalVoyager

Culinary Explorer
Hey there! I love sweet potatoes, but the usual recipe that I cook with them is a bit ordinary and lacks some new flavors. Do you have any exciting flavors to share or recipes to recommend? I'm all ears! Thanks!

Hey there, so personally i havent tried other recipes for sweet potatoes aside from baking them like alwwwwaaays. I love eating them baked tho. But if you like some other recipes to try , you can do Sweet Potato Pancakes or Sweet Potato Fries 🫶 just enhance the flavors according to ur preference

I think roasting sweet potatoes is a top choice. Though, slicing them up and tossing them with olive oil and seasonings before popping them in the oven brings out their natural sweetness .🍠

Hey! Sweet potatoes are super versatile! You can roast them with a bit of olive oil and spices for a tasty side dish, mash them with some butter and a hint of maple syrup for a sweet twist, or even make sweet potato fries for a fun snack. They’re also great in soups or as a base for a hearty salad. Enjoy experimenting!

I'm not sure what variety of sweet potatoes you mainly use but I highly recommend Japanese and Korean varieties. They are starchier and sweeter than other similar potatoes. The best way to cook them is to poke holes in them, wrap them in foil, and bake them for up to an hour and a half. They come out perfect and are naturally honey flavored. With no seasonings or oil, people are wowed every time.

Also, I know this isn't technically eating sweet potatoes but sweet potato lattes are very good. I bake the potato(es) and blend the flesh with milk, sugar/honey, and cinnamon.

Hey there! I love sweet potatoes, but the usual recipe that I cook with them is a bit ordinary and lacks some new flavors. Do you have any exciting flavors to share or recipes to recommend? I'm all ears! Thanks!
Sweet potatoes are delicious and versatile. You can bake them whole, roast them in chunks, or mash them with butter and cinnamon. Try making sweet potato fries by cutting them into strips, tossing them with olive oil, and baking until crispy. You can also slice them thin and bake for homemade sweet potato chips. For a sweeter treat, you can bake sweet potato pie or use them in muffins. They’re great in soups and stews, adding a natural sweetness and creamy texture. :);)

Back