What are the must-have ingredients for authentic sweet and sour chicken?

Luna

Culinary Explorer
Hey foodies! 🍍🥢 Wondering what essential ingredients are needed to whip up an authentic batch of sweet and sour chicken? 🤔💭 Whether it's tangy pineapple, savory soy sauce, or the perfect balance of vinegar and sugar, share your must-haves for that classic sweet and sour flavor! Let's dish out some culinary wisdom!

Hey there! For me, pineapple is a must for that tangy sweetness, and I always make sure to use a good quality soy sauce. Don't forget the vinegar and sugar for that perfect sweet and sour balance🍍

Hey there! For me, pineapple is a must for that tangy sweetness, and I always make sure to use a good quality soy sauce. Don't forget the vinegar and sugar for that perfect sweet and sour balance🍍
I totally agree! Pineapple adds that perfect tangy sweetness... I've found that using a high-quality soy sauce makes a huge difference, too 🍍

Authentic sweet and sour chicken typically includes chicken (usually battered and fried), bell peppers, pineapple chunks, onions, a sauce made from vinegar, sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, and sometimes a touch of ginger and garlic for added flavor.

Back