What are your favorite sides to pair with ropa vieja?

eihra520

Culinary Explorer
I'm excited to try making ropa vieja this weekend and I'm on the hunt for the perfect accompaniments. What do you guys usually pair with this flavorful dish? Any favorite sides or recipes that complement it well? Your suggestions will really help spice up my menu! 🍴

I recommend pairing ropa vieja with some classic Cuban black beans and rice. The combination of tender shredded beef with the hearty beans and fluffy rice is absolutely delicious. Add a side of fried plantains for a touch of sweetness and you've got a complete meal that's sure to impress! Enjoy your cooking adventure! 🍲

I love pairing ropa vieja with some classic sides like rice and beans or sweet plantains for that perfect balance of flavors. Maybe even a side of avocado salad to freshen things up! What about you?

I'm excited to try making ropa vieja this weekend and I'm on the hunt for the perfect accompaniments. What do you guys usually pair with this flavorful dish? Any favorite sides or recipes that complement it well? Your suggestions will really help spice up my menu! 🍴
Sweet plantains & black beans - perfect ropa vieja party!

Back