What can I use instead of apple cider vinegar in coleslaw dressing?

Angelcake123

Novice Foodie
Hiii! Just running into a little snag making coleslaw dressing without apple cider vinegar. Wondering what you all use as substitutes? I’ve heard white wine vinegar might work, but keen on learning about more alternatives. Let's swap ideas and maybe tweak our recipes a bit. Looking forward to your suggestions!

Hello Angelcake123, I think you can use white vinegar instead but of course, it might be a bit strong so try to make it balance.
I agree, white vinegar can be a great substitute for apple cider vinegar in coleslaw dressing. Just be mindful of its strength and consider diluting it a bit to find the perfect balance🫶

try using white wine vinegar, rice vinegar, lemon or lime juice, or even Greek yogurt for a creamier option. Each adds its own twist, so go with what you have and what you like best. 🤭☺️

I agree, white vinegar can be a great substitute for apple cider vinegar in coleslaw dressing. Just be mindful of its strength and consider diluting it a bit to find the perfect balance🫶
White wine vinegar has the same acidity level to apple cider vinegar but if you want a slightly less acidic vinegar, I suggest to use a freshly squeezed lemon or lime. You can adjust the taste if you want a milder or stronger acid level. 😉👌

You can swap apple cider vinegar with white vinegar, rice vinegar, or even lemon juice for your coleslaw dressing. Each gives a tangy kick like apple cider vinegar, but with its own twist.

Back