What country made biscuits and gravy?

duday

Novice Foodie
So, who actually came up with biscuits and gravy? I mean, you see this dish everywhere in diners across the U.S., especially down South. But where did this hearty, comforting meal originate? Was it a Southern thing from day one, or did another country inspire it? Super curious about this!

So, who actually came up with biscuits and gravy? I mean, you see this dish everywhere in diners across the U.S., especially down South. But where did this hearty, comforting meal originate? Was it a Southern thing from day one, or did another country inspire it? Super curious about this!
The specific origins of biscuits and gravy may vary based on regional customs, but I believe they began in the southern United States.

Biscuits and gravy? Total Southern classic, originated right here in the U.S. Probably started in the South where they had plenty of flour and pork. But who knows, could've picked up flavors from all over!

As far as I know, biscuits and gravy is a staple dish in the American South, though it might have roots in European cuisines. 🌍

Biscuits and gravy are a classic American dish, originating in the Southern states. It's a timeless combination of warm, buttery biscuits and savory gravy that's sure to please any palate.

Back